These year has come to an end and I can't be more excited fort he year to come, but before we can ring in the new year we should reflect on 2014. The best way to reflect on the blog is to talk about my favorite beauty items of 2014. Hopefully this post will inspire you to ring in the new year with some new makeup goodies! With all that said, let's jump into it.
Let's begin with Skincare:
- Alpha Hydrox Foaming Face Wash Clarifying Cleanser- I love this cleanser. Whenever I feel like me skin is super oily or makeup isn't completely off. It's super inexpensive and great for all skin types. If you are in the market for a good foaming cleaner, then try this one. I promise you will love it. You can purchase this cleanser and the whole Alpha Hydrox line from Ulta. If you are looking for more information on this product, then check out my review on this product. I will link it below.
- Real Techniques Expert Face Brush- This brush is awesome for blending out almost anything. It blurs sharp lines and give an air brushed look to the face. It's definitely been my secret weapon! I highly recommend this brush for anyone who is in the market for a good face brush. This brush can be purchased at Ulta, realtechniques.com, and select Walmarts.
- Kat Von D Lock-it Tattoo Foundation- My Gosh! This has been my holy grail foundation since the beginning of the summer. I love how full coverage and blendable this product is. I highly recommend this to anyone with oily/combo oily skin with severe pigmentation and acne. If you would like more info I will link my review on this product below. This can only be purchased on katvond.com or Sephora.
- Manual Override Silicone Primer- This is a standard silicone based primer. It is great for foundations that make me look and feel dry. It's awesome and super inexpensive. I do have a brief review on this product if anyone is looking for more information. I will link it below.
- L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD Concealer- At the beginning of the year I was using MAC prolong wear concealer and that is an awesome concealer, but it can become a bit too expensive. The MAC concealer retails for $19.00. So, I did a little searching for a more inexpensive option and I came across the L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD Concealer. They retail for two dollars!!!! They are pigmented, long lasting, and gorgeous! In my opinion it is a dupe for the MAC prolong wear. I highly suggest this product to everyone!
- ELF Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder in Turks and Caicos- This is the prefect contouring shade for people with skin tones that are considered deep/dark. It is neutral toned brown that is super velvety and super inexpensive. This can be purchased on eyeslipsface.com.
- Maybelline Fit Me powder in 360 Mocha- I have used this powder for at least two years to warm up my skin. It is an awesome bronzer for people with medium deep skin like myself.
- Wet n Wild Fergie Centerstage Collection To Reflect Shimmer Palette- I love these highlighters. I really don't want to go off on a tangent about these because they have truly been my go to highlighters. I will share my review on these with you all because they are awesome!
- Clinique Blended Face Powder and Brush- This is the world's greatest powder. I cannot say enough good thing about this powder. I know that it could be considered somewhat old lady like, but I think its a beautiful powder. It goes on so beautify and has several shades so there is no white cast.
- L'Oreal Magic Lumi primer- This is a luminous primer and I love it for liquid highlighting and for priming during the winter. I love this primer because it is amazingly gorgeous, There is no glitter just a glow from within shine. I adore this primer.
- L'Oreal Revitalift Miracle Blur Instant Skin Smoother- This is technically considered skin care, but I use it has a pore reducing primer. It doesn't make me oily or overly dry. It creates the prefect base to apply makeup on top of.
- Naked 3 Palette- This is a neutral palette by Urban Decay. I adore this palette. I love that all of the colors are very versatile and easy to blend. These shadows are extremely pigmented and super buildable. I love this palette some much. I highly recommend it for some people who love neutral colors.
- NYX Eye Shadow Base- This base has been awesome because it helps my shadows really adhere to my eyes and it keep the shadows from fading. I personally think this is much better than the Urban Decay primer potion primers.
- Wet n Wild Fergie Crème eyeliner in Cocoa Riche- As I am sure you all know I use this product to fill in my eyebrows and I love it! It keep my brows from sweating off, smudging, or fading throughout the day. It is a dupe for the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade.
- NYX butter gloss- These lip gloss are out of this world. They smell like cotton candy, they aren't stick, they are super inexpensive, and they come in an array of colors.
- L'Oreal Collection Privee Lipstick in 370 Jennifer's nude- This is the prefect natural lipstick for my skin tone. These lipstick would be the prefect nude nude for anyone two to three shades darker than me and it would be the prefect deep mauve nude for anyone lighter than me.
I hope you all enjoyed this post. Remember I will link reviews on some of these product below.
If you have any questions or comments please leave them below. If you would like to contact me please refer to the 'follow me' tab above. Remember to share and 1+ this blog and post. Thank you for stopping by the makeup junkie. I hope you all have a wonderful new year!
-The Makeup Junkie
- Dipbrow dupe- http://makeupjunkie2020.blogspot.com/2014/06/cream-eyeliner-inexpesive-dupe-for.html
- Foundation review- http://makeupjunkie2020.blogspot.com/2014/06/foundation-review-and-current.html
- Alpha Cleanser review- http://makeupjunkie2020.blogspot.com/2014/08/review-alpha-hydrox-foaming-face-wash.html
- Highlighter review- http://makeupjunkie2020.blogspot.com/2014/08/review-wet-n-wild-fergie-centerstage.html