Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Everyday Fall Makeup Tutorial

Hey Dolls!

Fall is upon us and I am excited! I am so ready for boots, scarves, leggings, long sleeve shirts, and most of all... vampy lip colors!!! Several weeks ago I posted My Fall Must Haves. In that post I featured two lipsticks. One of the lipsticks featured in that post will be the highlight of today's post. Speaking of today's post, the post is going to be a tutorial on a basic fall makeup look. The look is easy and quick which makes it prefect for everyday use. With all that said let's jump into!





Let's begin with skin prep:
  1. Wash your face and pat it dry.
  2. Moisturize your skin with your favorite moisturizer.
  3. Apply lip balm to moisturize your lips.
  4. Apply your favorite primer to your face. I recommend only applying it to problem areas. For example the T zone.
  5. Apply your favorite eye primer to your lid, crease, and bottom lash line.
The next thing I usually do is my eyebrows. I will link my routine below.

Onto the eyes:
  1. Using a crease brush apply a medium brown eyeshadow into the crease. This step will accentuate the crease. This is a great step for people with hooded eyes.
  2. Apply tape to the outer edges of the eyes. This will create sharp lines. 
  3. Then apply a deep brown shade onto a domed brush and apply the deep brown shade into the outer 'v' portion of the eye. This will add a little drama to this look.  
  4. Next pull out black liquid or gel eyeliner, then apply it in a winged formation. I prefer a thicker, bolder liner look. However, if you don't feel comfortable with my style of liner feel free to make it thinner or thicker.
  5. Once the liner is dry remove the tape from the edges. TIP: This is the time were you should apply foundation and concealer. This will help sharpen any areas the tape couldn't keep sharp and crisp. If you are curious about my foundation routine I will link mine below.
  6. Then take a deep purple liner pencil and apply it to your bottom lash line. Only go down as far as you are comfortable with. I personally like mine liner visible enough for others to notice the purple, but I never take it too far down. Also, add the purple liner to your water line. By the way the purple liner I am using is Jordana 12 H Made to last Liquid Eyeliner Pencil in 04 Purple Fix.
  7. Once the purple liner is on take a clean domed brush and blend out the pencil liner. Make sure there are no harsh lines or edges.
  8. After blending in the pencil, take a small domed brush and apply a deep purple eyeshadow on top of the purple liner. This step will intensify the purple color. I will be using Milani's Bella Eyes Eyeshadow in 15 Bella Purple. If you don't want an intense look, then skip this step. TIP: if the eyeshadow hasn't created enough intensity for you, apply either eye drops, Fix +, or makeup finishing spray to the brush you are using then dip it in your eyeshadow. This will give a more intense look.
  9. Once you are happy with the intensity of the purple under your bottom lash line, curl your eyelashes and apply mascara. I have a post on my mascara routine if any of you Dolls are interested. I will link that post below.
    A quick selfie of me wearing this look
Now for the lips:
  1. Wipe off any access lip balm. TIP: if you have pigmented lips pat your foundation brush over your lips. The left over foundation will mute the color of your lips. this will help the lipstick's true color show.
  2. Line your lips with a deep purple lip liner. I usually use Jordana Easyliner in cabernet.
  3. Once your lips are lined apply a deep purple lipstick. Take your time. Any error with the lipstick may mess up your face makeup. TIP: if you have a hard time applying lipstick from the tub use a lip brush for more control.
  4. Then make the line more crisp by taking a small amount of concealer on a small, flat concealer brush and conceal any areas that may not be as crisp as you would like. TIP: to avoid getting lipstick on your teeth make an 'o' with your mouth. Then take one of your middle three fingers and stick it in the 'o'. Then pull the finger out. This will ensure no excess lipstick gets on the teeth.
That's all folks!

That was my easy and quick everyday fall makeup tutorial. This tutorial takes no longer than ten to fifteen minutes. It is an amazing way to spice up your everyday routine. Of course you can switch out any of the colors I used. For example, sometimes I use green liner and eyeshadow instead. And sometimes I use brown liquid eyeliner instead of black to create my wing. These small variations will look just as gorgeous as the colors featured in this look.

I hope you found this post helpful. If you have any questions or comments please feel free to leave them in the comments section below. If you would like to contact me please refer to the "follow me" section above. Remember to share this blog and post. Thank you for stopping by the makeup junkie. I hope you have a terrific week!
-The Makeup Junkie

LINKS:
DISCLAIMERS: All opinions/tips given were my own. I am not affiliated with any of the companies or people mentioned. I was not paid to make a blog post on this topic. All products mentioned were purchased by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment