Fall is almost upon us. Which means it's time to prepare for the cooler weather. To help you Dolls
prepare today's post is going to be my Fall Must Haves. I will be sharing my beauty, fashion, food, and skincare must haves. So, let's jump into it!
Let's begin with skincare...
- Hyaluronic Acid Serum- This is a great serum for hydrating and perfecting the skin. This absorbs well into my skin. Does not feel as greasy residue or a sticky film. I purchased mine on Amazon. I will leave the link below. BTW: As many of you know I have oily skin. Although my skin is oily I do use moisturizing night time skin care products. These products keep my skin soft and supple. So, when I am 90 I will look 70.
- Creighton's Body Butter- I adore these body butters! They are super hydrating but, never sticky or hard to absorb and these body butters smell outstanding. (My personal favorite is the mango and papaya balance.) I find mine at Ross. They usually run me about $3.99.
- Carmex- Lip balm is important year round however, it is super important in cooler months. This is because lips can become extra dry and chapped. My favorite is Carmex. I love Carmex because it is medicated and it has an SPF.
- Beyoncé Heat- I love all of Beyoncé's perfumes but, Heat is perfect for Fall. It is a warm, spicy scent that is never overbearing. This scent is super lightweight and great for everyday wear.
- Pumpkin Spice- I love the glade pumpkin spice air freshener. It is the perfect mix between spice and sweet.
P.S. I don't have any links to clothing items because I have had these for many months/years. So, I will be just listing staples in my wardrobe.
- Flannels- I love flannels. Patterns are a great way to spice up a basic outfit. I usually pair flannels with skinny jeans, combat boots, and a simple pair of hooped earrings.
- Combat boots- Combat boots are the easiest way to had some edge to a basic outfit. usually pair them with jeans and a simple t-shirt.
- Long Sleeve T-shirts- Long sleeve t-shirts are a staple in my Fall wardrobe. I pair them with skater skirts, jeans, leggings, and yoga pants.
- Scarves- I don't think I could make it through the Fall without scarves! I have several different designs because they are perfect for accessorizing a basic look. For example, a long sleeve t-shirt and a skater shirt.
- Tights and Leggings- I love to have tights because I can pair it with any dress or skirt for warmth. I love leggings because they are a great alterative to pants.
- Bodycon dresses- I usually invest in a good bodycon dress because they are great for lazy or running late days. I usually throw on a solid color bodycon dress, a scarf, a jean jacket, and some heeled booties.
- Riding boots- I kid you not I wear my riding boots throughtout all of Fall, Winter, and early Spring. A good pair of riding boots can make any look. The following are some of the ways I wear riding boots...
- A sweater dress, tights, and riding boots
- A long Flannel, long sleeve t-shirt, skinny jeans, and riding boots.
- A cropped sweater, high waisted jeans, and riding boots.
- Sweater, jeans, and riding boots.
- A bodycon dress, a jacket, scarf, and riding boots.
- High to low blouse, leggings, and riding boots
- Sweaters- I live in sweaters during the Fall. They are a great way to stay warm and chic.
- Cardigans and Jackets- I have long cardigans, knit cardigans, leather jackets, jean jackets, etc. They are all a great way to layer up and depth to an otherwise boring outfit.
- Gold Chain necklaces- I love chucky, statement, warm toned jewelry during this time of year. Which is why gold chain necklaces are my go-to pieces of jewelry.
- Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Color in 340 Cinna-snap- This nail polish is perfect. It is a beautiful cranberry color. I highly recommend it for anyone who loves deep colors.
- Metallic dark purple nail polish- I love metallic dark purple nail polish quite a bit. I love it so much that I actually have two nail polishes that fit in this category. The first is Sephora by O.P.I in Just a Little Dangerous and the second is Wet n Wild Mega Last in 217B Disturbia.
- Sinful Color in 1034 Beau Khaki- This is a gorgeous moss green color. I love that this is like a bold in the sense that it is green but, it is subtle in the sense that it is a muted color.
- Wet n Wild Mega Last in 201C Wet Cement- This my go-to muted purple. (Which is quite unique in my opinion.) It has an amazing grayish purple tone to it. I have been using this color every Fall for the last three years.
- Gold Nail Polish- I love warm, metallic colors. So of course I love gold nail polish. I have two favorites which are Sephora by O.P.I in Keep me on my Mistletoes and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Color in Going for the Gold.
- Sinful Color in 813 What's Your Name- I LOVE BLACK NAIL POLISH! (If you didn't know... now you do.) Black nail polish is my go-to color year round. So, when I found this black nail polish with navy blue shimmery particles in it I went nuts. (to say the least.) This color is a great twist on a basic staple of mine. I highly recommend it to you Dolls!
- Maybelline Color Show in 430 Onyx Rush- I figured sense I mentioned my love affair with black nail polish I would mention my favorite black nail polish of all time. I like this product because it is pigmented and true to color. I hate it when black products are a dull black. (Almost like a dark gray instead of black.)
- Sinful Colors in 949 Nirvana- This is a mauve-y medium brown nail polish. It is a great everyday nail polish because it is so neutral toned.
- O.P.I in You Callin' Me a Lyre? This is a gorgeous sheer, milky pink shade. It is about the most sheer nail polish I own. I use this when I don't want too much color on my nails but I want them to still look polished.
- Wet n Wild Mega Last in 204B Private Viewing- This is the perfect nude nail polish for my skin tone. It has a mix of pink and brown in it.
- Urban Decay Naked Palette- This is a gorgeous warm toned, neutral eyeshadow palette. It has a great variety of shades inside. I can transition from day to night by just using this palette.
- Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette- This is a neutral palette. The tones inside are rose gold. Which is a mix between cool and warm tones. Again this has a variety of shades which make it great for day to night use.
- ELF 32 color eyeshadow palette in Warm- This was the first eyeshadow palette I owned and I still have it an use it. It is a staple for me because it is affordable and has a great variety of shades. It isn't as good quality as other palettes but with a good primer and/ or eyeshadow base and a good set of brushes it does the trick. I enjoy it because it has some amazing deep purple, mauve, and burgundy shades which are essential for Fall makeup!
- Wet n Wild Shimmer Palette in Carnaval in Rio- This a gorgeous copper highlight. It really is great to pair with a deep purple eyeshadow look. I won't go too far into detail with this because I do have a full review on this palette on my blog. I will link it below.
- Wet n Wild Shimmer Palette in Rose Gold Goddess- This is another amazing highlight to pair with a neutral tones eyeshadow look. Again I don't go into too much detail here because I have a review of this palette which is linked below.
- NYX cream blush in Diva- This is a beautiful cool toned red blush. This is highly pigmented and long lasting. It is great for pairing with cool toned looks or neutral toned looks.
- Profusion Twinkle Twinkle 5 color eyeshadow palettes- These are the best drugstore eyeshadow palette I have ever used. Each shade is buttery and highly pigmented. Plus they are only a dollar and sold at select Walgreens. The only issue is the don't have any matte shadows in them which means you would need to find matte transition shades else where. I have two of these palettes. The first is the purple palette which as a white shade, a lilac shade, a cool toned deep purple shade, a navy blue, and a black. The second is the green palette which as a medium brown shade, a dark brown shade, a light green shade, a dark teal shade, and an extremely dark blue shade.
- Wet n Wild lipstick in 918D Cherry Bomb- This lipstick is a semi-matte cranberry color. I have been using this shade for two years and I can say it is a great drugstore lipstick. It is long lasting, creamy, and highly pigmented.
- Milani HD Advanced Lip Color in 118 Premiere Plum- This is a glossy medium purple color. (I wouldn't say it is plum at all.) It really reminds me of lip balm because of how moisturizing it is. It gives a sheer application. However, it is buildable. (Which means you can apply more product to intensify the color payoff.) I love this color for everyday use. It is a great way to add a little bit of color without going too bold. I generally pair it with winged liner.
- Milani Lipstick in 24 Black Cherry- Similar to the Wet n Wild Cherry Bomb Lipstick I mentioned earlier except it is a tad bit darker and it has a sheen to it. Other than that they are pretty much the shade color.
- Jordana Easyliner in Coco Loco- This is a neutral toned brown lip liner which is great for making a nude lip color darker or simply for adding definition to my lips for any other color.
- Jordana Easyliner in Terra Kiss- This is a red-ish, mauve-y lip liner which I love to pair with mauve lip colors to add definition to my lips.
- Jordana Easyliner in Cabernet- This lip liner is the same color as the Milani Black Cherry Lipstick. Which is what I pair it with. Sometimes I pair it with the Wet n Wild Cherry Bomb lipstick as well.
- Chai tea Lattes- I love these because they spicy, warm, and comforting. They are a great change in my daily coffee routine. I did post my recipe on the blog last week.
- Starbucks White Mocha- It's available all year round however, I love to get this when it is cooler out.
- Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte- This is a seasonal drink that is super cozy. It has the right amount of spice that makes it my ideal fall drink.
That was all of my Fall must haves. I know it seems like a lot of stuff but I really do use all of these things in the Fall.
I hope you all found this post to be helpful. If you have any questions feel free to leave them in the comments section below. If you would like to contact me please refer to the 'follow me' section above. Remember to share this post. Thank you for stopping by the makeup junkie! I hope you have a great week!
-The Makeup Junkie
My Wet n Wild Shimmer Palette Review: http://makeupjunkie2020.blogspot.com/2014/08/review-wet-n-wild-fergie-centerstage.html
DISCLAIMER: All opinions given were my own. All products mentioned where purchased by me. I was not paid to make a post on this topic. I am not affiliated with any of the companies or people mentioned.