Friday, August 8, 2014

My Eyebrow Routine

Hey Dolls!

I love to apply my foundation, highlight and contour but, I could comfortably go outside without doing those things. However, I cannot comfortably go outside without filling in my eyebrows. Without the frame that eyebrows give my face, I feel naked and incomplete. ( I am sure that everyone has something they can't go outside without doing.) Because I feel the need to fill in my eyebrows, I spend a lot of time perfecting my eyebrow routine. However, I refuse to spend a lot of money on products for them. I feel as though the drugstore has plenty of products that work perfectly for filling in eyebrows. With all that said I want to share with you all my everyday, drugstore eyebrow routine. So, without further a do let's jump into it! 

Let's begin with the products I use...
1. Wet n' Wild Fergie creme eyeliner in Cocoa Riche
2. Small angled eyeliner brush
3. ELF glitter primer
4. Kat Von D lock-it tattoo foundation in Deep 74
5. Flat concealer brush
6. A basic spoolie
7. ELF Flawless concealer brush
8. L.A. Girl pro conceal HD concealer in Fawn

Onto the tutorial...
1. Apply ELF glitter primer on the eyebrows. This will create a smooth surface to apply product on.
2. Brush the eyebrows into place with a spoolie. This will also create a smooth surface to apply prod ut on.
3. Apply the liner to the angled eyeliner brush. Begin to fill in the eyebrows. Start at the tail and work your way froward. Make sure you use light strokes to keep the brows looking natural. Starting at the end will ensure that the brows stay natural looking. ( the tail should be the darkest portion of the brow. The beginning should be the lightest. When the eyebrows are completely filled in they should have a slight gradient effect.) 
4. Once the eyebrows are completely filled in, lightly brush them with the spoolie. This will also aid in keeping the natural looking. 
5. Take a small amount of the of a lighter concealer and apply it to the flat concealer brush. ( a light color for me is the L.A. Girl concealer in fawn.) Use the concealer on the brush to clean up under the eyebrow. This will also highlight that area as well.
6. If you need to clean up on top of the eyebrow use the same concealer brush and a bit of a concealer or foundation that matches your skin tone to do so. ( my product of choice is my foundation which is the kat von d lock-it tattoo foundation in deep 74)
7. Once the brows are cleaned up take a domed brush (elf flawless concealer brush would work perfectly.) and blend out the harsh lines around the eyebrow. 
8. If you must you can set the eyebrows with a gel. I personally do not. 

That's all folks! 

Those are all the steps that use to fill in my eyebrows. For me this is the easiest and most cost effective  way for me to properly do my brows. By the way, if you are curious as to why I use the eyeliner to fill in my brows go to my inexpensive eyebrow dupe blog post. I will link it below!

I hope this was informative and helpful. If you have questions or comments feel free to leave them in the comments section below. I will be more than happy to answer them. Remember to share this blog with your family and friends. Also, add me on Google plus. I give regular updates on the blog on that platform. Thank you for stopping by the Makeup Junkie. I hope you have a blessed week! 
- The Makeup Junkie



LINKS:
5. L.A. Girl pro conceal HD concealer in Fawn- http://www.lagirlusa.com/pro-conceal-2243.html

6. My post on a inexpensive eyebrow dupe- http://www.makeupjunkie2020.blogspot.com/2014/06/cream-eyeliner-inexpesive-dupe-for.html



DISCLAIMER: all products mentioned where purchased by me. I was not paid to make a post on this topic. All opinions given we're my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment