Some people are born with amazing hair and gorgeous nails others aren't so fortunate. For those of us who aren't born with or have damaged our hair and nails we must create it. With that said, finding the right products to promote growth and of the nails and hair is hard. Especially because the market is flooded with shampoos, conditioners, masks, serums, etc. that claim to strengthen and grow. As a person who has tried dozens of these so-called "miracle" products trust me when i say it is rare to see lasting results. Due to the lack of results and /or long lasting results I decided to do research. During my research I found more people experienced results using supplements instead of beauty products. So, bought myself a few different supplements. Over the course of a couple of months I found a few supplements that I believe work. Biotin is one of those supplements. Today, I am going to share with you all some basic information on Biotin, as well as, some tips to make you Dolls successful biotin users. With that said, let's jump into it!
Let's begin with basic info on Biotin:
aids in the body's metabolism of carbs, fats, and proteins. Which makes it great for people who are trying to keep their metabolism high or lose a little weight.
Common uses of Biotin are:
- Nail Growth
- Reduction in Dandruff Production
- Hair Loss
- Whole Grains
- Egg Yolks
- Hair Loss
- Dry Skin
- Excessive Dandruff Production
- Brittle Nails
- Weight Gain
- Excessive amounts of alcohol
- Excessive consumption of raw egg whites
If you suffer from serve biotin deficiency or would like to add more biotin into your system then, a biotin supplement might be the way to go.
Tips for taking Biotin pills:
- Start with a low dose. Biotin is known to cause acne. To avoid acne take it slow and allow your body to get use to the surge of biotin coming in. The lowest does is 300mcg the highest is 20,000mcg.
- Buy biotin in a glass container. Plastic has harmful chemical in it. Glass does not. Which makes it safer.
- Take at least one pill daily, no more than two.
- Keep up with a regular skin care and hair care routine. This will promote hair growth and it will keep your skin from breaking out.
I hope you enjoyed this post. If you have any questions or comments please feel free to leave them in the comment section below. If you would like to contact me please refer to the "Follow me" tab above. Remember to share this blog and post. Thank you for stopping by the makeup junkie. I hope you have an amazing week!
-The Makeup Junkie
DISCLAIMER: All thoughts/opinions given were my own. I pulled some of the information from www.altmedicine.about.com . I was not paid to make a blog post on this topic.