Monday, June 30, 2014

June Beauty Favorites

Hey Dolls!
June has come to an end and it's now July! Which means its time for June Favorites. So, without further a do lets get into my June Favorites.
  • My first favorite is of course my Kat Von D Lock-it Tattoo Foundation. I have raved about this foundation on my blog for a week or so. So I will attempt to not rave too much more about it. Though I briefly want to say why it's my new holy grail foundation... This is an oily girl's best friend. It is SUPER full coverage product. Which makes it perfect for people with hyperpigmentation. This foundation is everything. It lasts all day and it doesn't make me grease looking. If you are interested in this product and have not read my current foundation review/tutorial then I recommend that you do.
  • My next favorite is Crème of Nature w/ Argan Oil Perfect Edges. This product is great for cleaning up the unruly edges of my hair. (As well as the back of my hair) I have curly hair that is transitioning out of a relaxer so, naturally my edges have been out of control. This edge gel is the only thing that keeps my edges, baby hairs, and back of hair laid down. It does not flake nor does it appear too heavy. It is lightweight and great for people with unruly edges.
  • Wet n Wild Megalast Salon Nail Color in I Need a Refresh-Mint is my next favorite. This nail polish is my go to spring and summer nail polish. It is not mint in the least bit. It is actually a beautiful robin's egg blue. It is extremely long lasting and it only takes one to two coats to achieve an opaque color. Plus it retails for $2-$3 dollars at the drugstore.
  • The Health and Beauty Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay is the best facial mask hands down! It is extremely deep pore cleansing. It shrinks my pores, clears my pores, and reduces the amount of oil my skin produces. I use this about 2-3 times a week. Since using it I have noticed a HUGE difference in the size of my pores and the texture of my skin. I highly suggest this for people with oily, acne prone skin or people who are aging  and are looking for a more youthful, healthy glow.
  • This next favorite may surprise you all. It is the L'Oreal Magic Lumi Primer. If you are familiar with this primer you would know that it is a pearly, illuminating primer. (It can also double as a liquid highlight) I'm sure you are curious as to why an oily girl such as myself would enjoy this product. Well, sometimes my foundation routine can make me appear a lit too matte for my liking so, I use this primer to add a bit of a glow to my skin. It adds a beautiful natural glow to my skin. Its lightweight and easy to use. It does not make me oily and it does not make me look like a disco ball. I suggest this primer for dry people, people with aging skin, or people who are oily but still love a little glow.
  • This upcoming favorite is another nail polish. Its Maybelline Color Show in Onyx Rush. Which is a black, glossy shade, with slight sparkle. (The sparkles are only noticeable in the bottle.) Black is my favorite color to wear on my nails year round and the Onyx Rush nail polish from Maybelline is by far my favorite black. It is long wearing, it keeps its glossiness, and it is opaque. (It takes me two coats to get a super black look.) It retails for about $3.00. I recommend this formula to all my makeup junkies!
  • OMG! My next favorite is a beautiful drugstore dupe for the oh so popular Kylie Jenner inspired lip. It is the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Abu Dhabi. It is a beautiful, matte (duh...), mauve nude lip color. It is super opaque in one coat, it dries matte (but it is not drying), and it is extremely long lasting. It is the prefect Kylie Jenner lip color. It retails for $5.99 at Target, Ulta, and other NYX carriers. I use this on a daily basis to quickly add a beautiful nude color to my lips. This color is perfect for Women of Color because it is not that a ghostly nude. I highly recommend you all go pick this up. Along with any of the other NYX soft matte lip creams. (They have an outstanding formula!)
  • I love to smell like flowery, fruity scents most of the time so my love for this next favorite is a bit of a change for me. It is the Beyoncé Heat Perfume. This scent is spicy, warm, and sexy. Its perfect for a date night! It love how this scent can be spicy, warm, and sexy but light as well. It is not over powering. Beyoncé did an amazing job with this scent. (As well as all of her others... I am OBESSED with her perfume line!) I totally recommend this to you Dolls!
  • This next favorite is another scent. It is the Coconut Lime Breeze Body Mist from Bath and Body Works. I adore this scent because, it is a light, airy scent. The lime scent comes through strong and the coconut makes a subtle appearance in the background. Its a great everyday scent perfect for those who enjoy light, tropical scents.
  • Model in a Bottle of course had to make an appearance on this favorites post! It prolongs the wear of my makeup like no other setting spray I have tried. I recommend it to all who are looking for a good, long lasting, mattifying setting spray. If interested I do have a review on this product.
  • If you have been following me since my first couple of post you will now that I love the Maybelline Fit Me powder in 360 (mocha) for contouring/bronzing. I now have something EVEN more inexpensive and amazing than that. (Though I do still love that product.) It is the ELF Contouring Blush and Bronzing powder in Turks and Caicos. As a women of color I know how hard it can be to find a good contouring color. Especially an inexpensive one. So, I went on a search and I found this ELF contour kit. It is a dupe for Nars blush and bronzer duos. (ELF has three colors opinions) The bronzer in this product is long lasting, it does not get muddy on my skin. Though it seems sparkly the sparkles do not show up on the skin. The blush in the duo is great for everyday use because it is beige-y, golden, peach shade with a bit of sparkles. The sparkles are not too much. This retails for $3.00 this color is only available on the ELF website.
  • The Real Techniques Makeup Sponge is literally the best beauty sponge around. The unique shape to this sponge makes it easy to flawlessly get into an area on the face. Plus, it blends my makeup out like a dream. I highly recommend this to all you Dolls.
  • My final favorite is the Maybelline Rocket Volume Express mascara. I love this stuff! Its has a large brush with bristles that are similar to Benefits They're Real mascara. This brush makes it easy to coat my top lashes. My lashes separate like a dream and the volume is comparable to that of the Maybelline Falsies mascara. I love it. I hope you all go out and try it.
That's all folks!

June is over ALREADY! I cannot believe we have already completed six month of 2014. It's unbelievable how fast time flies! I'm sure we can all agree that time waits for no one. I'm glad I have been able to spend these past few months with you Dolls! Thank you for stopping by. Please remember to 1+ my page, share my page, and check my page every week for updates. Thanks again. I hope you Dolls have a great week!
-The Makeup Junkie

LINKS:
  1. Kat Von D Foundation: http://www.sephora.com/lock-it-tattoo-foundation-P311138?skuId=1398858
  2. Indian Healing Clay: http://www.vitacost.com/aztec-secret-indian-healing-clay-1-lb-1?csrc=PPCADW-Indian+Healing+Clay&mtp=sPjLVTXLO-dc|pcrid|31802012291|mt|e&gclid=CjgKEAjwz7mdBRDS46_ipNqqsEQSJAC4rrGks8jSiH5qDW1LbHZXm8yuuQwwXOCQ0RQhJTR0A8mOgfD_BwE
  3. Real Techinques Makeup Sponge: http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod5960824
  4. Maybelline The Rocket Volume Express:http://www.maybelline.com/Products/Eye-Makeup/Mascara/volum-express-the-rocket-washable-mascara.aspx
  5. Maybelline Color Show Nail Color: http://www.maybelline.com/Products/Nail-Makeup/Nail-Color/Color-Show-Nail-Lacquer.aspx
  6. Model in a Bottle: http://modelinabottle.com/shop/original-setting-spray/
  7. http://www.lorealparisusa.com/en/Products/Makeup/Face/Primer/Magic-Lumi-Primer-Magic-Lumi-Light-Infusing-Primer.aspx
  8. NYX soft matte lip cream: http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/p-17-soft-matte-lip-cream.aspx
  9. Beyoncé Heat: http://www.beyonceparfums.com/heat
  10. Cream of Nature Edge Gel: http://cremeofnature.com/nature/argan_oil_perfect_edges.html
  11. Coconut Lim Breeze: http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12437659
  12. Wet N Wild Megalast Nail Color: http://www.wnwbeauty.com/product.php?cid=18&pid=18&subid=18
  13. ELF blush and bronzer duo: http://www.eyeslipsface.com/studio/face/bronzers/contouring_blush_and_bronzing_powder

DISCLAIMER: All products mentioned where purchased by me. All opinions given where my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment