For the last month or so I have been experimenting with Milk of Magnesia. Why you ask. Well, as we all know I have a grease slick for a face so using Milk of Magnesia as a primer really appealed to me. Some of you maybe familiar with the use of it as a primer. I'm sure there are a few of you who don't know what Milk of Magnesia is or you can't understand why I would use it as a primer.
In this blog post I am going to talk about what Milk of Magnesia is and why it's a great primer. I hope you enjoy!
WHAT IS MILK OF MAGNESIA?
- Milk of Magnesia is a saline laxative. Its intended use is to relieve constipation.
- Milk of Magnesia pulls the extra moisture and oil from the skin keeping the face matte throughout the day.
- Yes, some say it cause their skin to breakout in acne. Of course like anything it may work for one person while it might not for another. This can only be determined after it is tried.
- First, clean and moisturize skin like normal.
- Then, thoroughly shake MoM before opening the container.
- Using a cotton ball and the measuring cup MoM comes with pour Mom into the cup and apply to skin (T-zone) with the cotton ball.
- Allow time for the MoM to dry. (It will feel tighten and the color with be white.)
- Apply makeup as usual.
- Buy generic if you can. (They are all the same so no need to spend more)
- Buy only the original flavor. (its sugar and fragrance free)
Milk of Magnesia is a great, inexpensive way for an oily girl to reduce the oil production on her face. Though it did not completely take away my need for blotting sheets it did drastically reduce the amount of times I needed to blot. I highly recommend oily girls try this trick and hopefully you all have positive experiences with MoM. (I strongly recommend dry girls stay away from this product.)
Thank you for coming to Make-up Addict and I hope you enjoyed this post.