Saturday, June 7, 2014

Cream Eyeliner: Inexpensive dupes for the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow

Hey Dolls! Welcome back to the blog!

I'm sure we've all heard of Anastasia Beverly Hills' newest product for brows right? If you haven't, it's called Dipbrow and it is a gel, waterproof, smudge proof potted brow product. Basically, it's in gel eyeliner form. It comes in various shades ranging from blonde to black-ish. Of course the redheads have a color as well. This product retails for $18.00 and it can be purchased online or in Sephora and Ulta.

A container of Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade

The Dipbrow is a very popular product; so popular in fact, that my color has been sold out for months! I never seem to be able to get my hands on the shade chocolate. So, I search for other brow products simliar and I discovered something much better, ELF's cream eyeliner in coffee.
Swatch of ELF's cream eyeliner in "Coffee"

The ELF cream eyeliner comes in various colors most are sparkly and not suitable for the eyebrows but, the color coffee is a subtle medium brown perfect for people with brunette, reddish brown hair, or dirty blonde hair. I don't recommend redheads with majority red toned hair use it nor should blondes. The cream liner is waterproof and easy to work with. It retails for $3.00 and is sold online or in store. Walmart, Target, Walgreens, and various Dollar Stores sell ELF.

A difference between the two is, the smudging power. The ELF liner does smudge (if roughly wiped) but, like the Dipbrow it is completely waterproof and sweat proof.

The quantity provided for both is great. The Dipbrow and ELF will last quite a while. With both the Dipbrow and the cream liner less is more. Both products do have amazing lasting power but, for the most part the ELF and the dipbrow are similar.


Update: I finally got my hands on Dipbrow; I will say it is an amazing product but, with all things considered the ELF works perfectly. In fact, aside from the Dipbrow the ELF cream eyeliner is my favorite brow product by far. I do enjoy both products but, due to price I would choose the ELF over the Dipbrow any day.

Another Updated: I have been using the Wet n Wild Fergie Creme Liner in Cocoa Riche for the past few weeks and it is even better than the ELF cream liner. The pigmentation is the same but, the Wet n Wild product is a bit creamier. It also is a slight bit warmer of a brown than the ELF verison. However, I like both but, I would choose the Wet n Wild dupe or the ELF at this point due to the warmer color. It seems to suit my skin and hair tone better. The Wet n Wild retails for $ 4.99 at Walgreens.

And Another Updated: As of May 2015 I am in LOVE with the NYX Tame and Frame Brow Pomade. I use the color espresso. It is pigmented and works amazingly. The lasting power is simliar to the Wet n Wild and the ELF. The thing I like most about this is the variety of colors this has. The range is great almost every hair color and skin tone will find a shade for them. This retails for $ 5.99 at Ulta.

P.S the NYX Micro Eyebrow pencil is a phenomenal dupe for the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz pencil. Try it! I promise you will love it! This retails for $ 9.99 at Ulta.

Now that the review is complete, I want to share my tip for getting the best results when using a gel eyebrow product. For best results:

• apply with a clean angled brush
• outline the eyebrow first
• start to fill in the brow at the tail
• use less product the closer to the beginning of the brow you get
• use a spoolie to soften harsh lines
• for a very clean, sharp looking brow use a concealer a 1/2 to 1 whole shade lighter than your skin complextion. Use a brush or your finger to blend out the concealer around the brow. 

I hope you all enjoyed that post! If you have any questions, comments, or requests please refer to the 'follow me tab'. There yoi will find all of the soical media platforms I am on. That tab also includes my email. If you enjoyed this post and the blog please share it on your social media. Also, 1+ this post and the blog. When you 1+ the post and the blog it makes it easier for people to find it. Thank you for stopping by the makeup junkie. Your support means everything. I hope you all have a terrific week!
-The Make-up Junkie

DISCLAIMER: I am not an affiliate of either company. I bought all products mentioned on my own. This post is purely my opinion. I was not paid to make this blog post.



This is a photo of me. In this picture I have filled in my eyebrows with the ELF cream eyeliner in "Coffee".

LINKS:

ELF: http://www.eyeslipsface.com/studio/eyes/eyeliner/cream_eyeliner

DIPBROW: http://www.anastasia.net/ABH-Dipbrow-Pomade.html

No comments:

Post a Comment