Monday, August 11, 2014

Back to School: High School/College Makeup Tutoiral

Hey Dolls!

We all have our individual "get ready for school style". Some of us like to roll out of bed, put on some sweats, tie our hair up, and run out the door, some like a super minimal makeup look (for example mascara and lipgloss) and a casual, comfy outfit and, some like to take time to put on a decent amount of makeup and gorgeous outfit. (For me personally it depends on what day of the week it is!)

Of course the first two looks are no brainers; either no makeup or mascara and lipgloss. However, the third look is not as effortless. Although that look is not effortless, it doesn't have to be time consuming or difficult. I have a great tutorial that works perfect for look number three. In today's post I am will to be sharing that basic, natural, well put together makeup look. So, without further a due, let's jump into it!


Let's being with skin preparation.
  • Complete your skin care routine of choice. (If you are interested in mine I will link it below.)
  • Apply a thin layer of your favorite face primer.
  • Apply eye primer or a white/beige eyeshadow base to the lids. Blend it upwards to the brow bone with your fingers.
  • Apply a but of lip balm to prep lips.
Now to the eyes.
Me wearing this look with a winged eyeliner
  • If you are someone who fills in there eyebrows, now you be an exceptional time to do so.
  • Then take a matte taupe eyeshadow (I generally use buck from the Urban Decay Naked Palette) on a flat brush. Pat that shadow all over the lid. Repeat if needed.
  • Once the lid is done a matte medium brown shade on a crease brush and run that color through the crease until it is blended well. Repeat if needed.
  • Then a matte darker brown, gray, or black on a stiff dome brush. Apply this color to the outer v and the lower lash line.
  • After placing the previously used shadow, blend it out with a clean fluffy blending brush.
  • Once everything is blended take a matte beige,tan, or white shadow and apply it to the brow bone.
  • *Then apply that same color to the inner tear duct.
  • *Apply a small winged out eyeliner to the eyes.
  • *Curl the lashes.
  • Apply mascara.
Onto the skin.
Me wearing this look with my glasses
  • Take the foundation, bb cream, cc cream, or tinted moisturizer of your choice and blend it over

    your face with a beauty blending sponge or a dense foundation brush. Use tapping motions with the sponge. Use tapping and buffing motions with the brush. I generally use my Lancôme Tient De Idole 24H foundation or my DIY tinted moisturizer during this step. (If you are interested in my DIY tinted moisturizer come back on the 18th when it drops.)
  • Apply under eye concealer to help brighten up the face. I use the NYX dark circle concealer in Deep to do this step. (The review I did on this concealer will be up later in the week.)
  • Set the face lightly with powder and/or setting spray.
  • Using a large, fluffy brush blend bronzing powder onto the outer areas of the face.
  • *Then apply a blush of your choice. I would generally use a pinky, beige shade or a coral-y, pink shade.
  • That a fan brush and apply a highlighter of your choice. I usually use my Wet N' Wild Centerstage shimmer palette in Rose Champagne Glow or Rose Gold Goddess. ( My review on these shimmer palettes dropped today. Go check it out.)
Lastly the lips.
  • Apply a lip gloss of your choice. I generally stick to nudes, corals, or mauves.  
That's all folks!


That was my simply, well pulled together makeup look for school. I usually do this look in about 15-20 minutes. This look is great for a high school or college age girl who just wants to look pulled together but, not over done.

I hope you all found this post to be helpful. If you have comments, questions, or request feel free to leave them in the comments section below. If you want to contact me or follow me of social media refer to the 'Follow Me' tab above. Remember to share this post with friends and family. There is always a share it gadget below each post. Simply click on your social media platform of choice and then share it. Thank you for stopping by the Makeup Junkie. You support means the world. That a great week Dolls!
-The Makeup Junkie


P.S. I used (*) to indicate that this steps I don't do every single day however, when I do them the look just seems for pulled together.

P.P.S. If you are interested in seeing any of the other back to school posts from this series simply go to the footer of this post, then go over to labels and click on 'back to school'.

LINKS:
My night time skin care routine: http://makeupjunkie2020.blogspot.com/2014/07/night-time-skin-care-routine.html

My day time skin care routine: http://makeupjunkie2020.blogspot.com/2014/07/daytime-skin-care-routine.html

Naked Palette: http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=URBAN%20DECAY%20Naked%20Palette%20P267200&skuId=1324532&productId=P267200&_requestid=68607

Lancôme Foundation: http://www.sephora.com/teint-idole-ultra-24h-P308201

DISCLAIMER: The opinions that were given were my own. I am not affiliated with any of the companies mentioned. I was not paid to make a post on this topic.


No comments:

Post a Comment