Monday, August 18, 2014

DIY Tinted Moisturizer

Hey Dolls!

As I am sure you all know, I love a full coverage, matte finish foundation. Foundation is a great way
to get a flawless coverage. However, full coverage foundation can be too heavy to wear on a day to day bases. Especially if I am attending school. So, I generally opt for a tinted moisturizer instead of a foundation. A tinted moisturizer is great because it provides coverage but will not look un-natural or cakey. Sadly, there are two issues that I have with buying tinted moisturizer. The first issue is, as an oily skinned girl it is extremely hard to find a tinted moisturizer that won't make me oilier than I already am. The second issues is the price point. Drugstore tinted moisturizers don't seem to be cutting it for my oily skin however, my budget will not allow me to spend $35+ dollars on a high end tinted moisturizer. (#firstworldproblems #teenagerproblems) Due to this dilemma I have found a inexpensive alterative to purchasing tinted moisturizer. My solution is a D.I.Y (do it yourself) tinted moisturizer. My D.I.Y tinted moisturizer is great because it provides me with light-medium coverage(which I love) at a great price point.

With all that said, I figured since it's an affordable way to get a natural light-medium coverage it would be a prefect to add to my back to school series. So, today's post will be my tinted moisturizer recipe. Let's jump into it!


What you will need...
  1. 1 1/2 parts a foundation or liquid concealer of your choice
  2. 1 1/2 parts a moisturizer of your choice. (sunscreen would work as well.)
The recipe...
  1. Apply a foundation or concealer onto the back of your hand. Be careful not to use too much. You are only making enough for one application.
  2. Apply a moisturizer or sunscreen to the back of your hand. Again, be careful, you are only making enough for one application.
  3. Mix the mixture together.
  4. Apply to face as you would foundation.
Tips for oily people... This will make you oily.
  1. Use a matte finish, long wearing foundation or concealer. this will help with how oily you get.
  2. Set the tinted moisturizer with a powder.
  3. Take powder, blotting sheets, or whatever you use to remove shine with you fro touch ups.
  4. Refrain from using this tinted moisturizer on hot days.
That's all folks!
That was my D.I.Y tinted moisturizer. I hope you Dolls try it!

I hope you all found this post helpful and informative. If you have any questions or comments leave them in the comments section below, If you would like to contact me or follow me on social media please go to the 'Follow me' tab above. There you will find all you need to know. Remember to share this blog. There is a space in the bottom section for sharing this post/blog with varies social media platforms. Thank you for stopping by the Makeup Junkie! See you all on Wednesday!
-The Makeup Junkie

P.S. - If you are interested in the rest of my back to school series simply scroll to the bottom of this post and go to the label section. From there click on the 'back to school' label. This label will take you to all of my other posts for this series.


DISCLAIMER: All opinions, tips, recipes,etc. given were my own. I was not paid to make this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment