Shiny, healthy, soft, manageable hair is every girls dream. Sadly, salt water, humidity, heat, and chemicals can make gorgeous hair hard to achieve. To remedy hair damage the use of oils is great. However going to the salon or buy a hair oil treatment can be expensive. So, I have a DIY hot oil
treatment to share with you Dolls. This treatment will help restore body and shine to your damaged locks. So, without further a do let's jump into it!
What you will need...
- Coconut Oil (try for raw, solid, organic coconut oil.)
- Olive Oil (try for organic olive oil.)
- A comb
- A bottle or container
- A bowl
- Peppermint or Tea Tree essential oil
- A heating method. (Either the microwave or the stove.)
- A spoon
- Add a 1/3 cup of coconut oil to a microwave safe bowl and melt it.
- Once the coconut oil is melted add 2 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil to the bowl.
- Then add 4 or more drops of peppermint or tea tree oil to the bowl.
- Mix the mixture thoroughly.
- Then put the mixture in a container that it can be stored in.
- Once it is in the container microwave it once again. Try not to make it too hot.
- Wash your hair thoroughly.
- Then use your regular conditioner.
- Once the conditioner is washed out heat up the treatment for 30 seconds or so. (Make sure it isn't too hot.)
- Even distribute the product in the hair.
- Once the oil is in the hair wrap the hair up. (You can use a plastic bag or a plastic shower cap.)
- Leave the treatment in for as long as possible. Don not wash it about for at least 15 minutes. For best results use a hooded hair dryer.
- Once the oil has penetrated rinsed it out with cool water.
- Then take a wide tooth comb and comb out the hair gently. Start at the ends and work your way up.
- After the hair is detangled take an old t-shirt or a silk or micro-fiber cloth and gently pat the hair dry.
- Then apply any other products you apply to the hair.
That was my DIY Hot Oil Treatment! This treatment is great for dry, damaged hair because the coconut oil and olive oil restore shine, add moisture, seal the hair cuticles, and detangle the hair and the peppermint or tea tree oil add a tingling sensation that promotes blood flow to the hair follicles. Extra blood flow equals more hair growth. This treatment can be used 2x a week. (Overuse can make the hair greasy and hair to work with.) And this mask can be preserve in a cabinet along with all your other hair products. I really hope you Dolls try it out because it is amazing!
I hope you all found this blog post helpful! If you have any questions leave them in the comments section below. If you would like to contact me refer to the 'follow me' page above. There is where all of my contact information is located. Remember to share this blog with your family and friends. Thank you for stopping by the makeup junkie. I hope you have a great week!
-The Makeup Junkie
DISCLAIMER: All tips/opinions given were my own. I was not paid to make a post on this topic.