Here in America it is summertime. Which means it's time to switch out deep fall/winter colors for
brighter spring/summer colors. Though bright colors are beautiful and fun to play with, it is hard to work them into a makeup look without looking like a box of crayons exploded on your face. So, with that being said, in today's post I will be giving tips on how to add a pops of color to a basic makeup look. Let's jump into it!
P.S. I am using my everyday eye makeup as my basis makeup look. If you are interested my everyday eye makeup I will link it below.
Let's begin with ways to add a pop of color to the eyes:
- Use a colorful liquid liner instead of black. The color will pop out from behind your lashes adding a fresh twist that isn't too much.
- Add a bright color to the inner corner of the eye. Adding bright colors here will open up the eye and give the a basic eye look a fun twist.
- Add to lower lash line. Instead of smudging dark colors under the bottom lashes use a bright fun color. This will add a beautiful contrast to the neutral colors happening on the lid.
- Add to the water line. Adding a colorful, pigmented liner to the water line is an extremely subtle way to introduce color to the eye. It will open the eye up and make it appear larger.
- Add a funky color to the lid. This is a bold pop of color unlike the other tips above.
- Fill in your eyebrows with funky colors. This is actually on trend this season. This is unique and fresh to add color to the face. It is by far the most out-there pop of color I personally have seen.
- Adding a bright blush to a completely neutral makeup look is a bold way to add color to the face.
- Adding a bright lip color to a completely neutral makeup look is also a bold way to add a pop of color to the face. Remember to line the lips first to prevent the color from bleeding.
Adding color to a basic makeup look and really spice up the look without much effort. I highly suggest you Dolls try one (or all!) of the various ways to add color.
I hope you all found that helpful. If you have any questions or comments please feel free to leave them in the comments section below. Remember to share this post. Also, add my on Google Plus to receive regular updates on the blog. Thank you much for stopping by! I hope you have a great week!
-The Makeup Junkie
DISCLAIMER: all thoughts given were my own. I was not paid to make a post on this topic.