Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Study Tips

Hey Dolls!

As we all know the new school year is upon us which means its time to focus on our studies. With all of the school responsibilities we have during the school year it can be hard to focus on one subject. Throughtout my school career I picked up a few study tips that really do help me focus and study effectively. In today's post I will be sharing those tips with you. So, let's jump into it!

  1. Find an area where there are no distractions. Studying around distractions is a futile effort; it will be extremely difficult to actually comprehend what you are studying if you are being distracted. (Some forms of distractions are TVs, friends, restaurants, etc.) I recommend finding a quiet place to study.
  2. Use a planner. Writing down your class schedule, homework assignments, upcoming projects, work schedule, and other activities is a great was to stay organized, serve as a reminder, and preplan your study sessions.  
  3. Buy a desk. A desk that is deserved only for studying will help your mind to get into study mode. Studying in bed or in the kitchen can serve as a distraction.
  4. Create study groups. Whether these groups are in person or online create a group for studying. Peers are awesome when it comes to studying. Friends can give memorization tips, new insight into a subject, or simply for questions.
  5. Remove electronics from your study area. Of course if you are using a computer to work then that is fine. However, phones, tablets, gaming devices or TVs can serve as a distraction.
  6. Create a playlist. It is very hard for me to study without a little noise. So if you are like me create a playlist. This way you don't stop working every time a song goes off. I recommend adding music that is up lifting and fun. Slow, melodic music could make you tired or somber.
  7. Study right after school if possible. Waiting until the wee hours of the night make it hard to absorb what you studied. Of course if you are in sports or work this can be difficult. Make bring something to studying during your breaks to help off set the amount of work you must do once you are home.
  8. Have snacks on deck. Snack are important because hunger can be a serious distraction. Try and snack on healthy things such as veggies, fruit, peanut butter, etc. Focus your snacks around healthy sugars and proteins. This will provide energy.
That's all folks!

Those were my study tips. These tips are honestly life savers. I hope you Dolls try them!

I hope you all found this post helpful. If you have an study tips, requests, questions, or comments feel free to comment below. You can also send comments, questions, requests, and tips to my email. Add me on Google Plus. I use that platform to give regular updates on the makeup junkie blog. Remember to share this blog with friends and family. Thank you for stopping by the makeup junkie. I hope you all have a wonderful week!
- The Makeup Junkie

DISCLAIMER: All opinions/tips given were my own. I was not paid to make a post on this topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment