Welcome Back to the Makeup Junkie! I recently started a new skin care series on the blog called, au naturel. This series is all about easy, natural, DIY skin and hair care. Today I will be sharing a easy recipe for
a soothing acne fighting mask. This is mask is recommend for everyone. Especially sensitive, acne prone skin. If you are allergic to any of the ingredients, do not have any of the ingredients, or don't like any of the ingredients feel free to remove them or switch them with other ingredients. With all of that said, let's jump into it!
- Oatmeal has anti-inflammatory properties and is perfect for most skin types, but it is most ideal for sensitive skin.
- Oatmeal contains saponins. Saponins is a mild cleansing agent.
- Oatmeal is a natural exfoliate; it helps remove dead skin cells.
- Oatmeal has moisturizing properties which help aid in the treatment of acne, eczema, and rosacea. The moisturizing property also makes it wonderful for aging skin.
- Oatmeal is known to have good exfoliating properties and this will help to get out the daily toxins off the skin.
- It is also known to have skin lightening effects, which means it helps improve skin tone. Along with improving skin tone it also improves the texture of the skin.
- Oatmeal repairs the skin from damage. Damage that occurs from over stimulation, other chemicals or acids, and sun exposure.
- Oatmeal has calming and soothing benefits which helps relieve the skin of sensations such as burning, stinging, and itching.
- Oatmeal also helps reduce the appearance of pores.
- Honey does a lot for the skin; it's a humectant, which means it draws in moisture.
- Honey also has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties which makes it perfect for acne prone skin.
- Along with the previously stated properties honey also has cleansing properties and brightening properties.
- Distilled Water
- Water moisturizes the skin. Which helps keep skin alignments at bay as well as helps slow oil production.
- Water if used cold can help close and tighten the pores.
- Water improves the elasticity of the skin. Which helps with aging.
- Bentonite Clay:
- Bentonite Clay is referred to as a healing clay.
- Bentonite Clay removes toxins, clears pores, heals damaged skin tissues, evens the tone of the skin, helps prevent breakouts, and smooths the surface of the skin.
How do you use this mask?
Simply apply this mask to the face and allow it to dry. Once it is dry use cool water to remove it from the skin.
How do you store this mask?
If you are going to store this mask do not add water until you are ready to use it. Water mixed with oatmeal can make a mess.
What is the recipe for this mask?
- 1 part bentonite clay
- 1/2 part organic raw honey
- 1/2 (ground) part organic steel cut oatmeal
- Distilled Water
*add distilled water until the mixture is the constancy of Elmer's glue.
Do not over use this mask. Only use it at maximum 2 times a week.At minimum once a week. Especially if you have sensitive skin. Over use can result in irritation and over drying of the skin. People will also notice softer, smoother, moisturized, less irritated skin if used properly.
What can people expect to see after using this mask?
People can expect to see smaller pores, less acne, and less oiliness within 1-4 uses. The more often this is used the better the results.
That's all Folks!
I hope you all enjoyed this post. If you would like to contact me please refer to the 'follow me' tab above. There you will find all of the social media platforms I am on. Remember to share and 1+ this post and the blog. Thank you for stopping by the makeup junkie. I hope you all have an amazing week!
-The Makeup Junkie
DISCLAIMER: All opinions given were my own. I was not paid to make this post.
- DIY Coconut, Vanilla Bean Whipped Body Butter
- DIY Beauty Oil
- DIY Witch Hazel and Apple Cider Vinegar Astringent
- Natural teeth whitening routine
- DIY Acne Fighting Brightening Mask
- DIY Soothing Acne Fighting Toner
- DIY Hydrating Facial Spray/Toner
- Acne Fighting Mask
- DIY Moisturizing, Stimulating Scrub
- DIY Eyebrow Growth Serum
- DIY Hot Oil Treatment
- DIY Hydrating Face and Hair Mask
- DIY Tightening and Brightening Face Mask
- DIY Basic Body Scrub and My Body Care Routine
- DIY: Lighten Hair