Sunday, July 27, 2014

DIY Tightening and Brightening Face Mask

Hey Dolls!

As we all know makeup is my number one obsession but, skincare comes in second. I feel as though without a good skincare routine makeup does not apply as flawlessly as it could. Having a reliable cleanser, toner, moisturizer, under eye cream, mask, and other treatments can honestly make you appear better. Unfortunenly, treatments and masks can be a bit expensive. When you are on a tight budget being able to afford good skin care products seems out of reach but, making your own products with natural ingredients could actually be better than buying high end products.

Today, I want to share my favorite DIY (do it yourself) mask. This mask helps reduces the appearance of dark spots, reduce pore size, tightens skin, maintains elasticity, brightens the skin, adds mositure, and it is great for keeping acne at bay. It's inexpensive and easy to make. Most people have these ingredients in there pantries and refrigerators already. (I know I do.)

In this post I will give ingredients, explain why each ingredient is benefitcal to the skin, go through the recipe step by step, and I will also give tips. So, without further a do let's jump into. 

Let's get our ingredients and towels out...

  • 1 tablespoon of plain Greek yogurt 
  • 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon natural raw honey
  • 1 egg white
  • Mixing utensil 
  • Bowl
Greek yogurt, lemon juice, honey... Wait what? Egg?! Yeah egg! Let me egg-plain why...
  • Yogurt has Lactic acid which is a chemical that exfoliates away dead skin cells. (lactic acid is common in chemical peels.) 
  • Honey is great for adding moisture to the skin. Moisturized skin appears more supple and healthy.
  • Lemon juice has many purposes; it lightens dark spots, it is antibacterial (which makes it perfect for acne prone skin.), it reduces oiliness, it reduce blackheads, and due to the acid lemon juice contains it gently exfoliates the skin (which means softer, brighter skin will be revealed.) 
  • Egg whites are egg-cellent (haha I'm pretty "punny" if I don't say so myself!) for pore reduction, tightening of the skin, as well as elasticity maintance. 
Now let's get cooking... 
  • Place all of the ingredients in the bowl. Whiskey the mixture with your utensils until it becomes foamy. 
  • Once the mixture is foamy apply it on a clean, dry face. Spread the mask on as thick as possible. 
  • Leave the mask on for 25-30 minutes. Or until dry. The mask will feel tight when it is completely dry. 
  • Rinse the mask off with warm water.
  • Pat skin dry and proceed with your regular skin are routine. 
That's all folks!

The mask is simple, natural, and effective. Not to mention affordable. It's great to use 1-2 times a week. If used regularly people who suffer from large pores, dark spots, aging skin, oiliness, etc will see a difference. 

I do have a few tips to help improve the mask...
  • Exfoliating before using the mask will improve its effectiveness. 
  • I also suggest splashing the skin with cold water after the mask has been removed from the skin. The cold water with help close the pores. Following up with a good toner will also help reduce the size of pores. 
  • Apply skincare it the ten minutes after this process. The skin will better absorb any products placed on the skin in this time window than in any other. 
I hope this was helpful for you all. It you have questions or comments please place them in the comments section below. Remember to share this post with friends and family. Also, 1+ the blog on Google plus. Thank you for stopping by the Makeup Junkie. I hope you have a fantastic week! 
- The Makeup Junkie
 
DISCLAIMER: All thoughts given were my own. This is my own recipe that works well for me. Though it works for me it may not work for you. Use at you own discretion. I was not paid to post a blog on this topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment