I recently started a new skin care series on the blog called, au naturel. This series is all about easy, natural, DIY skin care. I have already put up a moisturizing, stimulating scrub and an acne fighting mask. If you are interested in seeing those two posts I will link both below. Today's blog post will be apart of the au naturel series. I will be sharing a easy recipe for a toner. This toner will work for all skin types, but it will work best for people with sensitive skin or acne prone skin. If you are allergic to any of the ingredients, do not have any of the ingredients, or don't like any of the ingredients feel free to remove them or switch them with other ingredients. With all of that said, let's jump into it!
Why is this toner considered acne fighting and soothing?
It contains green tea and apple cider vinegar. Green Tea is an anti-inflammatory, it is soothing, and it
diminishes redness. Apple cider vinegar kills bacteria, balances the pH level of the skin, removes impurities, and fades acne scars.
Only distilled water.
How do you store this toner?
You may store this toner in your refrigerator or whatever you store your other skin care products. If stored in the fridge it will be more refreshing. It can be stored for quite some time.
How should it be used?
This should be used after washing for face daily as well as after exfoliating and after masks. Masks should be done one to two times a week. Exfoliating should be done one to two times a week as well.
What is the recipe for this toner?
- 3/4 cup of green tea. When making the green tea use distilled water. Distilled water has no minerals or microbial, therefore it is healthier for the skin.
- 1/4 cup raw organic apple cider vinegar.
- If you find this mixture to be too harsh for your skin you may dilute it with more distilled water.
- Best results will be seen if used everyday at least twice a day.
If used everyday at least twice a day people may see a reduction in acne and acne scars.
That's all folks!
I hope you all enjoyed this post. If you would like to contact me please refer to the 'follow me' tab above. There you will find all of the social media platforms I am on. Remember to share and 1+ this post and the blog. Thank you for stopping by the makeup junkie. I hope you all have an amazing week!
-The Makeup Junkie
DISCLAIMER: All opinions given were my own. I was not paid to make this post.
- Acne fighting mask: http://makeupjunkie2020.blogspot.com/2015/02/acne-fighting-mask.html
- Moisturizing Scrub: http://makeupjunkie2020.blogspot.com/2015/01/diy-moisturizing-stimulating-scrub.html