Friday, July 4, 2014

DIY: Lighten Hair

Hey Dolls!!!

Summer has arrived and lighter hair is always on trend for this time of year. Sadly, lightening hair can be damaging to the hair follicles. Recently I went on a search to find ways to naturally lighten my hair for summer in one days time. After plenty of searching I found a natural way to lighten my hair in one day. So, let me stop rambling and just jump into it...

You will need...
  • Honey (2 Tablespoons)
  • Lemon Juice (1/3 cup)
  • Hydrogen Peroxide (1 cup)
  • Baking Soda (1/2 cup)
  • Large Bowl
  • Spray Bottle
  • Comb
  • Spoon
How to make the hair lightening spray...
  1. Place the honey and lemon juice into the bowl. Place the bowl into the microwave for 30 seconds.
  2. Mixed the melted honey and lemon together.
  3. Add the hydrogen Peroxide and the baking soda.
  4. Once added the baking soda will foam up and the mixture will become bubbly. Mix the mixture until the baking soda is completely dissolved.
  5. Allow the bubble to go away and the mixture to cool down.
  6. Then pour the mix into the spray bottle.
  7. You can apply this to dirty hair.
  8. Spray product all over hair. Soak the hair in product.
  9. Comb the product through and tie hair up for 30 minutes or more. The lighter you want it, the longer you must wait.
  10. Once done with lightener rinse in cold water then shampoo and condition hair like usual.
  11. Then style as usual.
Now your hair should be at least one shade lighter. Do this method twice a week until you get the lightens of your choice. The method will be much less damaging than chemical bleaches. I have used this method and I got my hair 2 shades lighter than it was before. I want it to be one more shade lighter I will post pictures when my transformation is complete.

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please 1+ and share it. If you have any questions leave them below. Thanks again. And I hope you have an amazing week!
-The Makeup Junkie

DISCLAIMER: this was a DIY I can up with. I would do more research on your hair type before you do this. All thoughts are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment