Summer has arrived and lighter hair is always on trend for this time of year. Sadly, lightening hair can be damaging to the hair follicles. Recently I went on a search to find ways to naturally lighten my hair for summer in one days time. After plenty of searching I found a natural way to lighten my hair in one day. So, let me stop rambling and just jump into it...
You will need...
- Honey (2 Tablespoons)
- Lemon Juice (1/3 cup)
- Hydrogen Peroxide (1 cup)
- Baking Soda (1/2 cup)
- Large Bowl
- Spray Bottle
- Place the honey and lemon juice into the bowl. Place the bowl into the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Mixed the melted honey and lemon together.
- Add the hydrogen Peroxide and the baking soda.
- Once added the baking soda will foam up and the mixture will become bubbly. Mix the mixture until the baking soda is completely dissolved.
- Allow the bubble to go away and the mixture to cool down.
- Then pour the mix into the spray bottle.
- You can apply this to dirty hair.
- Spray product all over hair. Soak the hair in product.
- Comb the product through and tie hair up for 30 minutes or more. The lighter you want it, the longer you must wait.
- Once done with lightener rinse in cold water then shampoo and condition hair like usual.
- Then style as usual.
Thank you for stopping by my blog. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please 1+ and share it. If you have any questions leave them below. Thanks again. And I hope you have an amazing week!
-The Makeup Junkie
DISCLAIMER: this was a DIY I can up with. I would do more research on your hair type before you do this. All thoughts are my own.