Welcome Back to the Makeup Junkie! I recently started a new skin care series on the blog called, au naturel. This series is all about easy, natural, DIY skin care. Today I will be sharing a easy recipe for a strengthening hair mask. This is recommended for everyone. If you are allergic to any of the ingredients, do not have any of the ingredients, or don't like any of the ingredients feel free to remove them or switch them with other ingredients. With all of that said, let's jump into it!
What ingredients are in this hair mask and what do they do for the hair?
- Olive Oil:
- Olive oil contains fatty acids that coat the shaft of the hair; fatty acids will protect the hair from damage as well as make the hair shiny.
- Egg contains protein. Protein will strengthen the hair shaft. The stronger the shaft of hair the less breakage you will experience.
- Plain Greek Yogurt:
- Greek yogurt also contains protein, as well as natural moisturizers. Which will aid in strengthening the hair. Greek yogurt also has anti-inflammatory properties; due to this, greek yogurt will soothe the scalp.
- Honey also has anti-inflammatory properties as well as moisturizing properties.
Apply the mask on the hair. Move the product up until to the roots and massage. Finger comb the rest of the product into the shaft hair and ends. Place a plastic bag or cap on the head and leave the mask to sit for 20 minutes or more. The longer the mask sits, the better the results will be. For more intensity use a salon style hair dryer to warm the mask up.
How do you store this mask?
You don't store this mask. This should be made fresh before each use.
What is the recipe for this hair mask?
- 1/2 cup Organic extra virgin Olive oil
- 1-2 Eggs (The more eggs... the more protein.)
- Plain All natural Greek Yogurt
- Organic and/or raw honey
Step by Step:
- Place all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix them together thoroughly
On severely damaged hair: use this mask 1-2 times a week. Try taking Biotin supplements to help speed up the re-growth/strengthening process.
For all hair types: Use cold water to rinse this hair mask out. Cold water will help seal the shaft of the hair and will add shine and body.
DO NOT over use this mask! Too much protein will actually add to hair damage and hair loss.
What can people except to see after using this mask?
All people will see softer, shiner hair within 1 use. Most people should expect to see stronger hair within 1 to 5 uses. The more damage the hair has sustained the longer it will take to see lasting results. Of course results will always vary depending on the person.
That's all Folks!
I hope you all enjoyed this post. If you would like to contact me please refer to the 'follow me' tab above. There you will find all of the social media platforms I am on. Remember to share and 1+ this post and the blog. Thank you for stopping by the makeup junkie. I hope you all have an amazing week!
-The Makeup Junkie
DISCLAIMER: All opinions given were my own. I was not paid to make this post.
- DIY Coconut, Vanilla Bean Whipped Body Butter
- DIY Beauty Oil
- DIY Witch Hazel and Apple Cider Vinegar Astringent
- Natural teeth whitening routine
- DIY Acne Fighting Brightening Mask
- DIY Soothing Acne Fighting Toner
- DIY Hydrating Facial Spray/Toner
- Acne Fighting Mask
- DIY Moisturizing, Stimulating Scrub
- DIY Eyebrow Growth Serum
- DIY Hot Oil Treatment
- DIY Hydrating Face and Hair Mask
- DIY Tightening and Brightening Face Mask
- DIY Basic Body Scrub and My Body Care Routine
- DIY: Lighten Hair