Friday, February 20, 2015

Natural teeth whitening routine

Hey Dolls!

I have gotten a lot of questions regarding my teeth whitening routine; Instead of answering everyone individually I figured I could just make a quick post about the topic. So, that is what today's post is going to be. Remember this is my routine, I am not saying my routine is better than anyone else's routine, nor am I saying that these products will work for everyone. If you would like to try only one product than that is okay. Think of this as a guideline and not a mandatory routine. With all of that said let's jump straight into it!

What products do are used in your routine?
I use normal toothpaste, a manual toothbrush, and mouthwash to clean my teeth. I floss twice a week or more. (more if need.) I use hydrogen peroxide and baking soda to whiten my teeth.

How do you use hydrogen peroxide and baking soda to whiten your teeth?

  1. I first brush my teeth as usual with my toothbrush and toothpaste.
  2. Then, I wet my tooth brush and apply baking soda to it. I proceed to brush my teeth with the baking soda. Repeat this step if needed. 
  3. Rinse the mouth thoroughly. Make sure to remove all of the baking soda. 
  4. Then, put hydrogen peroxide in your mouth as you would with mouthwash. Swish the solution in your mouth for 30 seconds to a minute. The longer you swish the solution around the whiter your teeth will be. 
  5. Lastly, to freshen the breathe further swish your favorite mouthwash. 
Tips?
  • Rinse your mouth out with lukewarm water after drinking coffee, orange juice, or anything else citrus like or with artificially color. 
  • Brush your teeth after every major meal. 
Anything else?
You will notice a difference in the coloring of your teeth slower with this routine than with whitening strips or with a whitening treatment from the Dentist. This routine is more natural and more of a maintenance routine in my opinion. I've never a huge problem with my teeth yellowing or becoming darker than they should. If your teeth are extremely yellow or sallow in appearance I would suggest you try something else more extreme and once you are at your desired color use this routine to maintain that color. 

That's all folks!
I hope you all enjoyed this post. If you would like to contact me please refer to the 'follow me' tab above. There you will find all of the social media platforms I am on. Remember to share and 1+ this post and the blog. Thank you for stopping by the makeup junkie. I hope you all have an amazing week!
-The Makeup Junkie

DISCLAIMER: All opinions given were my own. I was not paid to make this post. i am not affiliated with any of the companies mentioned. I purchased all products mentioned myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment