Friday, April 3, 2015

Full Coverage Spring/Summer Foundation Routine

Hey Dolls!

Warm months are ahead which means the skin is going to become oilier. So, it's time to change up our foundation routine techniques. I personally like to use less makeup, that is more matte than in the Winter and Fall. This way I can keep my oily skin matte longer. In today's post I will give a step by step guide to my Spring and Summer Foundation Routine. I will also give tips and tricks to keeping your skin matte longer. So, let's jump into it!



Let's begin with the products I use: All products listed below are my favorite face makeup products of the moment. They all work together nicely to keep me more matte than I would be if I didn't use them. I highly recommend all of them.

Primer(s): My three favorite primers of the moment are, Rimmel's Stay Matte Primer, Dr. Brandt's Pore No More Pore Refiner w/ Hint of Tint,  ELF Hydrating undereye primer and NYX Angel Veil.

Foundation(s): My favorite foundations of the moment are, L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte Foundation, Estee Lauder Double Wear, and Kat Von D Lock it Tattoo Foundation.

Powder(s): Rimmel's Stay Matte Powder, ELF 45 SPF powder, L'Oreal's True Match, and NYX's HD Finishing Powder in Banana.

Concealer(s): L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD Concealer and NYX 3C Conceal, Correct, Contour Palette.

Foundation Brush(es) and Applicators: Real Techniques' Expert Face Brush, ELF powder brush, ELF Ultimate Blending Brush, and Real Techniques Beauty Blending Sponges.

Powder Brush(es): Real Techniques Powder Brush and ELF Small Tapered Brush

Concealer Brush(es): ELF Flawless Concealer Brush, My finger tips, and Real Techniques Beauty Blending Sponges.

Setting Spray(s): Urban Decay's All Nighter and Urban Decay's De-Slick

Step by Step Tutorial: 

Begin with Prepping the skin:

  1. Clean and moisturize the skin. 
  2. Apply Sunscreen. 
  3. Apply Primer. After I apply primer I then set the primer with a translucent powder. This step is optional, but it does help me stay more matte.
Move onto foundation:
  1. Apply your favorite foundation onto the skin using a dense foundation brush. Use stippling motions to push the product into the skin, then use blending or buffing motions to blend any harsh lines and create a flawless base. Allow the foundation to settle into the skin and dry for several minutes.
  2. Once your foundation has dried apply your favorite highlighting concealer onto the high points of your face and the under eyes. The high points are the bridge of the nose, forehead and chin. If you need to hide dark marks use a color corrector underneath your concealer. I will link a post to color correcting below. 
  3. After applying concealer take a fluffy, tapered brush and apply a translucent or brightening powder to the areas where concealer was placed. 
  4. Then take a large, fluffy powder brush and apply your favorite face powder. I personally add two when I am trying to say extremely matte. I dust on ELF's 45 SPF powder it will help protect my skin from sun damage. Then I dust my L'Oreal True Match powder of top; this will keep my skin matte. 
  5. After my powder is on, I spray my face with a oil control setting spray. This step is optional, but it does help keep me matte longer. It also takes away the appearance of powdery-ness. 
  6. Lastly, I take a piece of tissue or a oil blotting sheet and I absorb any oils or excess makeup off of my skin. This step is optional, but I find it to aid in keeping my skin matte. 
How to "de-slick" the skin throughout the day: 
Although the routine above does help keep my matte for a while it doesn't keep me matte all day. So, I do have to blot, re-powder, and set again. I simply take a tissue or oil blotting sheet to remove excess oil, then I lightly dust powder all over my oily regions, and I spray a setting powder to remove any powdery-ness. 


That's all Folks!

Thank you for stopping by the Makeup Junkie! I hope you enjoyed that post. If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them in the comments section below. If you have a more personal request, question, or have a serious business inquiry feel free to email me. You can use the Contact form in the sidebar or you can go to the follow me section above. If you would like to follow me on a day to day basis check out the follow me section above. There you will find all social media platforms that I am currently on. Remember to share this blog post as well as the entire Makeup Junkie with all of your friends, co-workers, classmates, and family. There is a social media section at the bottom of each post. Click on the platform you would like to share a post on and simply click share! Remember to also 1+ the blog on Google Plus. Also, remember new blog posts are live every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 12 a.m. Central Standard Time. So, make sure to return! Thank you again for stopping by. Your continued support means the world to me. I hope you have an awesome week!
-The Makeup Junkie

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and tips given were my own. All product mentioned were purchased by me. I am not affiliated with any the companies mentioned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment