Friday, April 17, 2015

End of March/ Early April Beauty Haul

Hey Dolls!

I did a bit of damage in the makeup section of my local Ulta, Dollar Tree, Jewels, Norstrom Rack, Julep, Walgreens, Ross, CVS, a gift from my mom bear, and Walmart. Oh, and I made another  ELF purchase. I know,crazy; but, on the bright side I have more makeup goodies to share with you all. So, let's jump into it!




Let's begin with the online ELF order:


  • Contouring Blush and Bronzer Powder in Antigua: I have been raving about the shade Turks and Caicos for over a year, but I figured it was time to try something new. So, I picked up the shade Antigua. I have yet to try it, so I cannot say much about it, but when I do try it I will review it.








  • Mineral Booster in Corrective Yellow: I purchased this hoping it will be a dupe for the Ben Nye Banana powder. Again I have yet to try it, but I will review when I have done so. 



  • Blending Brush: This is one of ELF's newest brushes. It is an eyeshadow blending brush;I have always been a fan of ELF brushes. So, I am sure I will love this one.









Now Dollar Tree:

  • Makeup Storage: I actually have several of these in the color green. I have had then for years and I use these to store my makeup and skincare. I just purchased 3 in the color blue. These are my go to bins for storage inside my makeup cabinet. 







Moving onto Julep:

  • Iconic Brow Setting Gel in Clear: They sent this to me in my monthly subscrition box and I am so glad they did. This is the best setting gel ever. I slept in my makeup one day (which you should NEVER do.) and my brows stayed in tact all day and all night! I will be doing a review. It will be put next month. (Sorry for the wait, I have several posts that are going up before that.) 




  • Don't leave your brows at home All in One Brow Powder and Brush in Warm Brown: They sent me two of these and I must say I really do enjoy this product. It is smooth, almost creamy instead of powdery. It looks natural and blends in like a dream. I will be reviewing this next month as well. 










Onto to Jewels:
  • Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Facial Cleanser: I have been using this cleanser for about two weeks. I do like it. It doesn't irritate my skin, it doesn't over dry, and it smells nice. 






Onto CVS:

  • Wet n Wild Coloricon Brow Pencil in Brunettes do it Better: This is just a repurchase for me. I really like using these eyebrow pencils on a day to day basis because it is easy to use and super pigmented. I love this stuff! 












Moving onto Walmart:
  • L'Oreal Brow Stylist Plumper in Medium to Dark: This is a brow gel. It claims to thicken the brows and to help them stay in play all day. I have tried this product and I must say it's claims are true. I don't want to go into too much detail, but I will say it is a great product. 








  • EOS shaving cream: I purchased this shaving cream after hearing amazing reviews. My skin is very sensitive and doesn't do well with other shaving creams, so I figured I would give it a try. I have used this product once and I love it! I highly recommend it.



  • Conair Detangling comb: I have been looking for a large comb to detangle my hair and I noticed this one when I was in the beauty section of Walmart. I have used it a few times and I can say it does its job. I don't have much to say about it because, it's just a comb. 








Next up...Ulta:


    Golden Peach Eyeshadow
    Photo Courtesy of: pinkladybeauty.files.wordpress.com
  • NYX Prismatic eyeshadow in Golden Peach: This is a beautiful foiled peach shadow with a golden undertone. This will be perfect for Spring and Summer.








  • NYX Wonder pencil in Dark: I have been looking for this FOREVER! This has been out of stock in my Ulta for so long it's crazy. I finally got my hands on this product and I am super excited about it. I am most excited because I have been looking for a nude eyeliner that will not look too light against my skin tone. 








  • NYX HD Blush in Taupe: I purchased this becasue I was looking for a matte, cool toned blush.This will be great to pair with extremely shimmery or glossy eyes and and intense lip. If you are lighter than me this will make a great contour powder.







  • NYX HD Finishing Powder in Banana: This product has been on my mind for a few months now. I have been eyeing this since it came out. It is a soft yellow toned setting powder. I mentioned earlier that I was looking for a dupe for the Ben Nye Banana powder. Sadly, this isn't a dupe, but it is just as amazing. It softly brightens highlighted areas and gives the face a natural glow. It isn't too powdery nor is it messy. It is a great setting powder. I highly recommend it. 


  • Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater: This is a repurchase. I have been loving this in the recent months. It sets my makeup well, it is refreshing, and it smells awesome. I love this stuff. Totally recommend it. 



  • Shea Moisture African Black Soap Bar: I saw this on Instagram and people were raving about it. My skin is super sensitive and prone to acne. (Both my face and body) Hopefully I enjoy this product. 











Onto Norstorm Rack:
  • Lorac Royal Eyeshadow Collection: I went to Norstrom Rack looking for makeup after seeing a post about the huge discounts on Instagram. Unfortunately my Norstrom Rack did not have a lot of products, but I did find this discounted, limited edition Lorac eyeshadow trio. This trio has three eyeshadow quads. I have yet to try these, but they look amazing. 

Next up... Ross:
  • I purchased a City Color trio: It came with a bright pink blush, a white gold highlighter and a cool toned bronzer. I honestly purchased this because of the bronzer. I have been on a bronzer/contour kick recently; so, anything that says bronzer will definitely catch my eye. 

Moving onto the gift from my Mommy:
  • OPI That's Hula-rious: This is a light mint green nail polish. Which will be perfect for spring! 













Last, but not least Walgreens:

  • Maybelline Master Conceal Camouflaging Concealer in 50 Medium/Deep: This has been out for a while and I wasn't really interested in it for some reason, but I saw it the other day and had to pick it up. I have heard mixed reviews so hopefully, I like it. 





  • Wet n Wild Max Volume Plus Mascara: I have been eyeing this for a while and I decided to finally pick it up and give it a try. I have seen several mixed reviews on this so I will try it out and see how I feel about it.




  • ELF Studio Flawless Finish Foundation: I was looking for a drugstore foundation and I came across
    this. I have tried it once and I am not a huge fan because it has a really strong scent to it. The scent made me kind of nauseous and the scent lasted for quite a while. I may return this. I am not sure. It has pretty high reviews so maybe I will give it another try again. I will make sure to let you Dolls know how I feel about it.






  • Jordana Cat Eye Eyeliners: I purchased two of these. I got the brown and the black one. I tried the black one and I can definitely say I like it. It lasts all day, it's highly pigmented, and it is super inexpensive. And I believe it is smudge proof. When I was trying to remove the swatches from my hand it took a lot of soap and warm water to remove. I love it! 








That's all folks!


I hope you all enjoyed this post. If you would like to contact me please refer to the 'follow me' tab above. There you will find all of the social media platforms I am on. Remember to share and 1+ this post and the blog. Thank you for stopping by the makeup junkie. I hope you all have an amazing week!
-The Makeup Junkie

DISCLAIMER: All opinions given were my own. I was not paid to make this post.

LINKS:




No comments:

Post a Comment