My last post was my DIY tightening and brightening mask. That mask is prefect for oily skin, acne
prone skin, and aging skin. Though it would work for dry skin, I do have a better mask for dry skin. Like the other mask, this mask is all natural and inexpensive. However, this mask requires fewer products than the other. Plus it can double as a hydrating hair mask! (Double the recipe to do both hair and face.) So, without further a do let's jump into it!
Let's get out our ingredients and tools...
- a mixing utensil or a blender
- a bowl
- 1/4 cup all natural, raw honey
- 1/2 of a ripe avocado
- Add the avocado and honey into the bowl. Mash the ingredients together until you get a smooth consistency.
- Once the mixture is smooth apply the mask to the skin and/or the hair. Leave the mask on the face for 25-30 minutes. If you are applying to your hair leave it on for as long as possible. (The longer the better.)
- Rinse the mask off with warm water and proceed with your regular skin care and/or hair care routine.
This is a quick, affordable, easy to make mask that is amazing for hydration. If you use the mask exfoliate the skin before hand. Exfoliating will open the pores which will allow the mask to really be absorbed. Also, complete the remainder of your skincare routine within 10 minutes of washing off this mask. Your skin will absorb the products better during this time period.
I hope this post was helpful and informative. If you have questions or comments please feel free to leave them below. Also, remember to share and 1+ this post. Add me of google plus to receive updates on the blog. Thank you for stopping by the Makeup Junkie. I hope you all have a fabulous week.
-The Makeup Junkie