Monday, July 21, 2014

DIY Basic Body Scrub and My Body Care Routine

Hey Dolls!

It's summertime here in America. Traditionally in summer the majority of us break out our short sleeve shirts, sundresses, shorts, and tank tops. Shaving and waxing make our skin only half ready to be shown off. Soft, smooth, healthy, even toned and moisturized skin cannot be properly achieved without a bit of exfoliation. In today's post I am going to give you my recipe for a basic, easy DIY body scrub. I will also explain how I achieve hairless, soft, smooth, and moisturized skin that is shorts, tank tops, and sundress ready. So, without further a do let's jump into it!

Let's get our scrub on!

  1. Ingredients
    • 1 1/2 cups of Brown sugar, sea salt, course cut sugar, or regular cane sugar.
    • 2/3 cups of olive oil, coconut oil, or any other oil except corn, canola, or vegetable oil.
    • a bowl with a lid
    • a mixing utensil
  2. Recipe
    • Dump in the sugar or salt into a bowl.
    • Add the oil in slowly. 2/3 cups could be too much for your preference just be cautious.
    • Once desired amount of oil is added then mix the mixture together.
  3. Tips to exfoliating skin
    • Exfoliate the body two or three times in a seven day period.
    • After exfoliation rinse the skin well. Dead skin cells and dirt will be sitting on the surface of the skin so, rinsing the skin well will remove the dead skin and dirt.
    • Add a thick body lotion or cream after exfoliating. When the pores are open your body will allow more moisture to seep in. Which will result in softer and healthier skin.   
    • Scrub more diligently in areas that have a lot of scarring, cellulite, or stretch marks. Scrubbing done in these problems areas will help lighten their appearance.
  4. My Body Care Routine
    • My body unlike my face is really dry. So to add a healthy glow I do more than just use lotion.
      • Steps to my Body Care Routine
        1. I wash my skin thoroughly with warm water and soap.
        2. Once rinsed off I apply my shaving cream and shave my legs and underarms as usual.
        3. Once I have finished shaving, I will then rinse off in warm water.
        4. I will add my DIY body scrub to a dry towel or sponge. (The dryness of the applicator with intensify the scrubs power.) Then, I will scrub my skin in small, circular movements. I usually scrub my legs, my arms, my back, my buttocks, my chest, etc.
        5. After scrubbing my skin I will rinse off an excess scrub, dirt, oil, and dead skin cells with warm water and a wash cloth.
        6. Once I have rinsed off I simply get out of my shower, towel dry my skin, and then apply a thick body butter to my skin.
That's all folk!

I usually do my body care routine 2 to 3 times a week. I try to only do it at night because I want to give my skin a chance to really absorb all the moisturize. I also don't like going outside with open pores either.

I hope this post was helpful and informative. Leave all your comments and questions in the comments section below. I will be happy to answer then! If you enjoyed this post remember to 1+ it and share it. I want to thank you Dolls for stopping by the Makeup Junkie! I hope you all have a splendid week!
-The Makeup Junkie

No comments:

Post a Comment