Welcome Back to the Makeup Junkie! I recently started a new skin care series on the blog called, au naturel. This series is all about easy, natural, DIY skin and hair care. Today I will be sharing a easy recipe for a refreshing acne fighting mask. This is mask is recommend for someone with sensitive, acne prone skin. If you are allergic to any of the ingredients, do not have any of the ingredients, or don't like any of the ingredients feel free to remove them or switch them with other ingredients. With all of that said, let's jump into it!
What are the ingredients in this mask and what do they do for the skin?
- Cucumber is an antioxidant. Antioxidants fight free radicals; free radicals cause wrinkles and fine lines. Cucumber also reduces inflammation, hydrates, brightens, and soothes skin.
- Distilled Water
- Bentonite Clay:
- Bentonite Clay is referred to as a healing clay. Bentonite Clay removes toxins, clears pores, heals damaged skin tissues, evens the tone of the skin, helps prevent breakouts, and smooths the surface of the skin.
How do you use this mask?
Apply the mask once or twice a week using a small fan brush or your fingers. Leave it on the skin until it he comes hard.
How do you store this mask?
I would not store it. I would make a fresh batch before each use.
What is the recipe for this mask?
- 1 part bentonite clay
- 1/2 part pureed cucumber
- 1/2 part distilled water
Step by Step:
- Add 1 part bentonite clay to a mixing bowl.
- Add 1/2 a part of freshly pureed cucumber to the same mixing bowl. (1/2 a part is 1/2 the amount of 1 full part. For example, 1 cup of clay to a 1/2 cup of pureed cucumber.)
- Add 1/2 a part of distilled water into the same mixing bowl.
- Mix the ingredients together until they are blended together.
Do not over use this mask. Only use it at maximum 2 times a week.At minimum once a week. Especially if you have sensitive skin. Over use can result in irritation and over drying of the skin.
What can people expect to see after using this mask?
People can expect to see smaller pores, less acne, and less oiliness within 1-4 uses. The more often this is used the better the results.
That's all Folks!
I hope you all enjoyed this post. If you would like to contact me please refer to the 'follow me' tab above. There you will find all of the social media platforms I am on. Remember to share and 1+ this post and the blog. Thank you for stopping by the makeup junkie. I hope you all have an amazing week!
-The Makeup Junkie
DISCLAIMER: All opinions given were my own. I was not paid to make this post.
- DIY Coconut, Vanilla Bean Whipped Body Butter
- DIY Beauty Oil
- DIY Witch Hazel and Apple Cider Vinegar Astringent
- Natural teeth whitening routine
- DIY Acne Fighting Brightening Mask
- DIY Soothing Acne Fighting Toner
- DIY Hydrating Facial Spray/Toner
- Acne Fighting Mask
- DIY Moisturizing, Stimulating Scrub
- DIY Eyebrow Growth Serum
- DIY Hot Oil Treatment
- DIY Hydrating Face and Hair Mask
- DIY Tightening and Brightening Face Mask
- DIY Basic Body Scrub and My Body Care Routine
- DIY: Lighten Hair