I recently started a new skin care series on the blog called, au naturel. This series is all about easy, natural, DIY skin care. I have already put up a moisturizing, stimulating scrub and an acne fighting mask. If you are interested in seeing those two posts I will link both below. Today's blog post will be apart of the au naturel series. I will be sharing a easy recipe for a mask. This mask will work for all skin types, but it will work best for people with oily or acne prone skin. If you are allergic to any of the ingredients, do not have any of the ingredients, or don't like any of the ingredients feel free to remove them or switch them with other ingredients. With all of that said, let's jump into it!
Why is this toner considered acne fighting and brightening?
This mask contains:
- Bentonite Clay- which is great for reducing pore size, purifying the skin, and removing oil
- Apple Cider Vinegar- which is amazing for killing bacteria, fading acne scars, restoring the skin to it's natural pH, and removing impurities.
- Lemon- Kill bacteria, removes dead skin cells, lightens/ brightens skin, fades acne marks.
Store the rest of this mask in an air tight container in a cool area. If this mask becomes hard it cannot be used.
How should it be used?
This mask should be used once or twice a week. Use after proper cleansing and exfoliating. Do not use without properly washing and exfoliating the skin. Leave on the skin until it comes hard. Remove this mask with luke warm water. Once the mask is off, pat the skin dry and then proceed to apply toner, serum, moisturizer and any other skin care treatments.
What is the recipe for this mask?
1/4 cup of bentonite clay
6 tablespoons of raw, organic apple cider vinegar
2-3 tablespoons of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- If the mixture is too thin add a little distilled water to the mixture. The mixture's consistency should resemble maple syrup.
- Don't use this mask on sensitive skin or dry skin. This may cause irritation to dry or sensitive skin.
What can people except after using this product?
If used once or twice a week consistently, people should see a reduction in the appearance of acne spots/ dark marks. As well as a reduction in the appearance of acne. People may also have a brighter, lighter appearance over all.
That's all folks!
I hope you all enjoyed this post. If you would like to contact me please refer to the 'follow me' tab above. There you will find all of the social media platforms I am on. Remember to share and 1+ this post and the blog. Thank you for stopping by the makeup junkie. I hope you all have an amazing week!
-The Makeup Junkie
DISCLAIMER: All opinions given were my own. I was not paid to make this post.
- Acne fighting mask: http://makeupjunkie2020.blogspot.com/2015/02/acne-fighting-mask.html
- Moisturizing Scrub: http://makeupjunkie2020.blogspot.com/2015/01/diy-moisturizing-stimulating-scrub.html