been HIGHLY requested lately. If you follow me on Instagram than you have already seen the sneak peek of my products. I told a few of the Dolls that I was reluctant to show my new routine for a few reasons. The first reason is, this routine is fairly new to me. I have only been using it for about two weeks. I usually don't like to share my skincare routines that early. The second reason is that my products are on the pricier side of things. I have really been investing in my skincare and makeup recently because my skin as not be loving me lately. I have had crazy breakouts, dry patches, irritation, and flaky skin. To combat my recent skincare concerns I have been purchasing better products, with better ingredients. Finding products that help the skin heal and soothe the skin can sometimes mean you must dish out quite a bit of money. Unfortunately, that is what I have had to do but, it has helped tremendously.
The third and final reason is, most of them are professional spa products from a company that only sells there skincare products to a local spa near me. Which mean they won't be accessible to most of the Dolls. This reason makes it difficult to help you all with a similar skin type and/or similar skincare concerns. So, I came up with an idea; I will explain what each product does and based on the explanation you Dolls can find products that are similar. I do suggest you go to a local skincare facility/spa to see an esthetician. Esthetician is a skincare expert that performs different facials, microdermabrasion, and other treatments to help treat varies skincare concerns. They help with acne, aging, pigmentation, dryness, blackheads, and more. Along with giving treatments they also help you find products to use at home to further help with your skincare concern. I went to a local spa and received a few different treatments as well as home care products. Today's updated skincare routine is the home care routine I was given.
|My Skincare Products|
P.S. I use the same routine day and night. (Except for one product!)
- Makeup Remover: At night when I need to remove my makeup I use cold cream. Cold cream is a greasy product almost like a creamy oil that removes all of my makeup. I like it because it quickly removes both eye and face makeup quickly. It takes off waterproof makeup like a dream. It's awesome! It does contain mineral oil if you are sensitive to mineral oil than I would not suggest this. If you are not a fan of mineral oil than stick to whatever you like as a makeup remover. I don't mind mineral oils, honestly mineral oil can be beneficial depending on what minerals are included in the oil. Also, this product will be removed and does not clog pores, therefore I do not worry about it breaking my out, which it doesn't do anyway. I remove it with warm water. This is available in all drugstores. I purchased the Walgreens' brand. Ponds is the original brand. Whichever brand you choose is fine!
- Cleanser: Day or Night, it doesn't really matter I use GM Collin Puracne Oxygen cleansing gel for oily or acne-prone skin. I pump one to two pumps of the cleanser into my clean hands and use my fingers to deeply clean my skin. I lightly scrub my face in gentle circular motions using the tips and edges of my fingers. I focus on areas that produce a lot of oil and acne. This cleanser is a non-irritating deep cleanser. It removes impurities,and re-balances the skin by eliminating dirt and oil. This cleanser is a gel based cleanser that lightly foams this action allows the cleanser to somehow oxygenates the skin and revitalizes it. As well as clean the skin without stripping it entirely of this moisture. The Puracne Oxygen cleansing gel contains 1% salicylic acid to help reduce acne and oil. This product retails for $27.20 I will add a link here to a website where you may purchase it. GM Collin Puracne Oxygen Cleansing Gel Oily or Acne Prone Skin
- Facial Scrub: I scrub my face three times a week with the Estelle Dual Fruit Enzyme Scrub. This is on of the products I received from my local spa that cannot be purchased anywhere, but there. (again I'm sorry about that, but I truly love these products!) This scrub gently, but effectively removes dead skin cells on the surface of the skin, while the beads inside dissolve and release nourishing jojoba oil into the skin. This scrub give the skin a luminous glow and a soft feel.Overtime this product will help smooth the texture of the skin as well as diminish hyperpigmentation. It has an amazing pineapple scent and it is great for sensitive skin. This is so gentle it could be used for daily use. This brand does not use fragrances, therefore the tropical smell comes from real pineapples. A drugstore alternative for this product is the Clean and Clear Morning Burst Facial Scrub. Both are extremely gentle.
- Toner: I switch between two different types of toners/astringents. I use Estelle cucumber toner in the
- Face Mask: I used the Kerfole mask by Bioelements twice a week. It is a deep purging mask. It helps to remove impurities deep within the skin as well as impurities on the surface of the skin. After usage you will notice soft, smoother skin. Overtime acne will diminish, pore will look smaller, and skin will be brighter. This mask retails for $58.00. I will link it here: Bioelements Kerafole Deep Exfoliating Face Mask
- Eye Cream: I have been using the Estelle Essential Eye Cream. This eye cream reliefs the eyes of any tightness, irritation, or dryness. It is formulated to combat dark circles, puffiness, fine lines and wrinkles. It contains avocado oil which is a fatty oil that deeply hydrates the skin. This is prefect for younger people who would need a little hydration under the eyes, but aren't battling aging quite yet. I love it this eye cream because it isn't heavy or greasy, but it really helps nourish my under eye area and I have noticed my concealer goes on like a dream after I use this product.There are hundreds of other eye creams which work similarly. Bobby Brown as a popular one as well as Gariner.
- Serum: I use Hyaluronic Acid Serum. I have raved about this before. I won't go into too much detail about it here because I do have a review on it. I will link that review here: Hyaluronic Acid Serum Review I will say that this is the best serum for anyone who needs hydration but, doesn't want the oily greasy feel of other moisturizers/serums.
- Treatment: I received a treatment cream from my dermatologist called Finacea; it is azealic acid. Azealic acid treats mild acne and rosacea. It reduces inflammation from acne.
- Moisturizer: I have been using Estelle AzaClear Clarifying Creme. OMG! I am so sorry this is not available to most of you because it is AMAZING! It is a thick, gel like creme moisturizer for oily, acne-prone skin. It absorbs into the skin quickly and it doesn't feel my looking or feeling heavy or greasy. The texture of this product is like nothing I have ever experienced. This moisturizer contains 5% Niacinamide, therefore it will aid in reduces the appearance of my acne scars. Since it is not available for most of you I suggest if you are extremely oily than skip moisturizer during the day and then use on at night. If you use a hydrating serum during the day similar to Hyaluronic Acid then you will be fine.
- Sunscreen: I use the Estelle Solar Defense SPF 30 Lightly Tinted Sunscreen. This is similar to most sunscreens the only thing that is truly different is there is no white cast left behind and it does not have a weird odor like some sunscreens. Whichever facial sunscreen you choose with be great. I usually take my ELF SPF 45 sunscreen powder with my in my purse of bag if I am going to be out it the sun all day and I am wearing makeup. If I am not wearing makeup I will simply bring this along. You must reapply your sunscreen every 60 to 80 minutes. The ELF sunscreen retails for $6.00 on www.eyeslipsface.com
- Facial Spray (optional): I use the Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rose Water. I
- Lip balm: In the spring and summer I use the Walgreen's brand lip balm with SPF 50 in it. When I am at home I use Burt's Bees lip balm. If my lips are extremely chapped I use Aquaphor. All of these can be purchased at your local drugstore.
- Lip Scrub: I DIY my lip scrub. I use a teaspoon of brown or white sugar and a small amount of honey. I rub the scrub on my lips using my fingers; I use circular motions to get rid of dead skin and to hydrate the lips. Circular motions also help bring forth more blood circulation, therefore the lips will appear more full and rosier.
- Exfoliate the skin twice a week at least to help remove dead skin cells and speed up the metabolism of the skin.
- Wash your face twice a day.
- If you go to the gym during the middle of the day remember to rinse off the sweat. Sweat and dirt left on the skin can cause acne.
- Drink half your body weight (in oz.) of water. Water will help hydrate your skin. Hydrated skin appears fresher, clearer, and more glowy. For example, if you weight 100lbs drink 50oz. of water a day.
- Use supplements to help fortify the skin. Collagen plumps the skin, Cod Liver Oil moisturizes, and Biotin strengthens.
- Use a face mask twice a week. This will be a deep treatment for the skin. It will help refresh the face and prepare it for the week ahead.
- Get a facial at a minimum of 4 times a year . (Every time the season changes.) At maximum, once a month. Facials will help you target your skincare concern. Professionals will be there to advise you throughout your skincare journey.
- Prime your skin before applying makeup everyday! Makeup can cause acne and can make wrinkles and fine lines more noticeable. Apply a primer will prevent the makeup from seeping into your pores and causing acne. As well as making wrinkles and fine lines more visible.
- Wait 10 minutes after apply skincare to apply primer and makeup products. If you put it on right after you will not have given your skin enough time to absorb all of the ingredients inside of your skincare products.
- When applying eye cream and/or concealer blend from the outer corner inward. This will cause less wrinkles.
- When applying face creams, serums, or treatments massage them into your skin with your palms. Move your hands across your face in an upward motion. This motion is called effleurage. This will cause less wrinkles and bagginess later in life.
- De-stress yourself. Find ways to lower your stress. Whether it be drawing, working out, yoga, mediation, etc. Stress and prematurely age the skin as well as cause blemishes.
That's All Folks!
Thank you for stopping by the Makeup Junkie! I hope you enjoyed that post. If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them in the comments section below. If you have a more personal request, question, or have a serious business inquiry feel free to email me. You can use the Contact form in the sidebar or you can go to the follow me section above. If you would like to follow me on a day to day basis check out the follow me section above. There you will find all social media platforms that I am currently on. Remember to share this blog post as well as the entire Makeup Junkie with all of your friends, co-workers, classmates, and family. There is a social media section at the bottom of each post. Click on the platform you would like to share a post on and simply click share! Remember to also 1+ the blog on Google Plus. Also, remember new blog posts are live every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 12 a.m. Central Standard Time. So, make sure to return! Thank you again for stopping by. Your continued support means the world to me. I hope you have an awesome week!
-The Makeup Junkie
-The Makeup Junkie
Recent Blog Posts:
- Beauty Q&A #3
- Spring and Summer Beauty Must Haves
- DIY Soothing Acne Fighting Mask
- HUGE End of March/ Early April Beauty Haul
- What's in my Makeup Bag?
- DIY Refreshing Acne Fighting Mask
DISCLAIMER: All opinions given were my own. All products were purchased my me. I am not an employee of any of the companies mentioned.