Friday, April 10, 2015

Everyday Contour and Highlighting Routine

Hey Dolls!

Welcome back to the Makeup Junkie!

I have been looking through my old post and noticed I haven't updated my everyday highlight and contour routine in a while. So, I figured it was time to do an update. I do want to remind everyone that this is my routine; you don't have to use this routine. This is simply what I like to do. This is simply a guideline. Use whatever products and routines you would like. If anyone is interested in the products I used I will list/link them below. With all of that said, let's jump into it!







Let's beginning with a list of products:

Moving onto the step by step tutorial: (Make sure you have already prepped and primed the skin as well as applied your foundation.)

  1. Apply an orange color corrector under the eyes using fingers or a small, flat brush. My correct is inside of the NYX concealer palette in dark. 
  2. Then apply a concealer 1-3 shades lighter than your skin tone onto the "high" points of the face. The "high" points of the face would be the under eyes, the bridge of the nose, the forehead, the chin, the cupid's bow, and the brow bone. I mix the Maybelline Master Conceal Concealer and the LA Girl Pro concealer together and apply them with a flat foundation brush. Blend the concealer out with a beauty blending sponge; make sure to use tapping motions. Once the concealer is pressed into the skin buff out the harsh lines with your foundation brush. I use the ELF Ultimate Blending Brush as my foundation brush.
  3. Quickly set the highlighted areas with a yellow toned loose powder. Apply excess powder to "bake" the concealer. Baking helps set the powder and make it last longer. Allow the excess powder to sit on the skin for at least 60 seconds. I generally leave it until I am ready to apply my face powder. I use the ELF mineral booster in Corrective Yellow. 
  4. Then apply bronzer using a tapered blush brush onto the cheekbones, upper forehead, and chin. I use the ELF Contouring Blush and Bronzer in Antigua. I like this bronzer because it is extremely warm which helps me add a sunkissed glow to the skin. 
  5. After bronzer I apply contour. I use the ELF Contouring Brush and the City Color Contour Effect palette to contour. I use the Contour shade in that palette. I contour my cheekbones, temples, jaw line, and chin using the contouring brush. I use a straight line to apply the product and then circular motions to blend in the product. If the product isn't blending well, then I use my Ultimate Blending brush and circular movements to further buff in the product. 
  6. I take a small domed brush and apply the same contour powder onto the sides of my nose to contour my nose. Then I take a larger, fluffier blending brush and blend out the harsh lines. I apply the the contour powder going all the way up to the inner part of my eyebrow. 
  7. Once I am finished contouring I remove the excess powder from my highlighted areas. 
  8. Taking the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and my L'Oreal true match powder I go in circular motions and buff the powder all over my face. Even over my contour, but not over my highlight. 
  9. Then I apply my highlighter with a fan brush. This varies depending on the day. 
  10. Lastly I apply my blush with a stippling brush. My blush is usually orange, salmon, bronze, or warm in tone.  
Sometimes I set my face with a setting spray, but I am not leaving my house for a while or I won't be getting to my destination for a while then I won't. Once I have completed highlighting and contour I usually apply my mascara, put finishing touches on my eye makeup, and lip products and I am done with my makeup. (I usually do my eyes before I do my face makeup.) I hope this was helpful for you all! 

That's all folks!

Thank you for stopping by the Makeup Junkie! I hope you enjoyed that post. If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them in the comments section below. If you have a more personal request, question, or have a serious business inquiry feel free to email me. You can use the Contact form in the sidebar or you can go to the follow me section above. If you would like to follow me on a day to day basis check out the follow me section above. There you will find all social media platforms that I am currently on. Remember to share this blog post as well as the entire Makeup Junkie with all of your friends, co-workers, classmates, and family. There is a social media section at the bottom of each post. Click on the platform you would like to share a post on and simply click share! Remember to also 1+ the blog on Google Plus. Also, remember new blog posts are live every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 12 a.m. Central Standard Time. So, make sure to return! Thank you again for stopping by. Your continued support means the world to me. I hope you have an awesome week!
-The Makeup Junkie

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions given were my own. I purchased all of these products myself. I was not contacted by any of the companies mentioned nor am I affiliated with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment