Thursday, July 31, 2014

Let's get Glowin': How to Achievie the J.Lo Glow on Oily Skin

Hey Dolls!

It's summertime here in America. And as we all know the classic summer makeup trend is glowy, bronzed skin. As an oily girl it's hard to achieve this makeup look but, recently I have been experimenting more with glowy makeup products. And I can say with the products I have been using I have successfully found a glowy skin makeup routine that is perfect for oily girls. So, let's jump into it!

Let's begin with skin preparation:
  • After cleaning the face apply Benefit Porefessional all over the face. Focus this product on areas that have large pores.
  • Apply Carmex to the lips to prepare them for future lip color.   
Next up Foundation...
  1. On the back of my hand I will pump 1 1/2 pumps of my Kat Von D Lock-it Tattoo Foundation in Deep 74.
  2. Then I will mix a 1/2 pump of L'Oreal Magic Lumi Primer into the foundation on the back of my hand.
  3. Once the product is mixed together I dot the foundation onto my face. I focus most of the product on the areas of my skin that need the most coverage.
  4. Once I have my desired amount of foundation dotted onto my skin, I will then use my Real Techniques expert face brush to blend out my foundation. I use circular buffing motions to create a flawless, airbrushed finish.  
  5. After blending out my foundation I apply MAC studio finish concealer in NW 50 with my ELF flawless concealer brush under my eyes to cancel out my dark circles.
  6. To brighten the under eyes and highlight the center of my face I use my L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD Concealer in fawn. I take my ring finger and blend the product out. If I have harsh edges I go back in with my expert face brush and blend those out.
  7. Then to set my foundation I use Clinique Blended Face Powder in 05 Transparency. I use a large powder brush to lightly apply the powder.
  8. Once my foundation is set, I will take ELF mineral blemish powder in Clear on my ELF pointed foundation brush. I will press the powder into my highlighted areas as well as my under eyes.
Time to get glowin'...
  1. After setting everything I take an angled blush brush and apply my bronzer from the ELF Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder Duo in Turks and Caicos. When I am applying the bronzer I don't want to contour. I am really just using it to warm up my complexion.
  2. To add a bit of glow to the temples I apply Wet n' Wild Fergie Centerstage Collection To Reflect Shimmer Palette in Carnaval in Rio with a large, fluffy powder brush.
  3. To begin adding glow to my skin I apply a shimmery peachy golden blush combo to my cheeks.
  4. To add glow to my cheek bones I use my Wet n' Wild Fergie Centerstage Collection To Reflect Shimmer Palette in Rose Champagne Glow. I Also apply the highlighter lightly onto the center of my forehead, my cupids bow, the middle of my nose, and my chin.
  5. Once my glow is to my desired intensity I spray Model in a Bottle Matte Finish Setting spray. This will remove the powdery finish of my products as well as lock my makeup into place.
That's all Folks!
I have been able to achieve this peachy, golden, bronzy glow without getting oily because of my
foundation and setting spray. I highly recommend this look to any person but, if you are oily I suggest you go out and get the Kat Von D Lock-it Tattoo Foundation and the Model in a Bottle matte finish Setting spray. (If you want more info on these products I will link my reviews in the link section below.)

Now us oily girls can achieve the J. Lo bronzy, golden goddess look without turning into oil slicks.

I hope you all found this post helpful. If you have questions or comments feel free to leave them in the comments section below. Remember to share this post with family and friends. Add my on google plus to receive updates on The Makeup Junkie. Thank you for stopping by. I hope you have a blessed week!
-The Makeup Junkie




LINKS:
PRODUCTS MENTIONED:
  • Model in a Bottle Matte Finish Original Formula Makeup Setting Spray
  • Kat Von D Lock-it Tattoo Foundation
  • Clinqine Blended Face Powder
  • ELF Mineral Blemish Powder
  • Real Techinques Expert Face BRush
  • ELF Pointed Foundation Brush
  • Benefit Porefessional
  • Camrex Lip Balm
  • ELF Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder Duo
  • Wet N' Wild Centerstage Collection To Reflect Shimmer Palette
  • L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD Concealer
  • L'Oreal Magic Lumi Primer
  •  ELF Flawless Concealer Brush
  • MAC Studio Finish Concealer

DISCLAIMER: All thoughts given were my own. I was not paid by any of the companies mentioned. I was not paid to make a post on this topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment