Finding makeup and skincare that works for your skin is hard. Especially if you don't know if you have dry skin, normal skin, combination skin, or oily skin. In today's post I will be explaining the characteristics of each skin type and giving tips on how to balance the different skin types. So, let's jump into!
- People who have dry skin usual have skin the feels rough or tight.
- Some people will have dry patches.
- People with dry skin do not produce any oil once so ever.
- This skin type is common in decadents of people who originated in areas of high elevation and cold climate. Dry skin is also common among people with aging skin.
Now let's get normal...
- People with normal skin don't experience issues with dryness or oiliness.
- Normal skin is very balanced.
- However hormonal changes can alter the balance.
- Climate change can alter the balance in normal skin.
- People with combo skin generally gets oily in the t-zone ( the forehead and nose). Combo skin is normal on the outer parts.
- Climate change can alter how oily or dry combo skin can be.
Let's get oily...
- Oily skin is greasy all over.
- Rarely experience dry patches.
- Oily skin people usually suffer from large pores and acne.
- If you suffer from combo or oily skin here are some tips...
- Wash face in cold water. Cold water helps prevent oils from surfacing.
- Exfoliating 1-3 times a week will loosen oils in the skin.
- Use a night cream that has pore shrinking ingredients. Open pores give off more oil.
- Try my DIY skin tightening and brightening mask. To help reduce oiliness and pore size.
- Tone the skin with a good quality toner. Toner will help skin reach a balanced pH level. When skin is balanced oils will be reduced.
- Refrain from using moisture in the mornings.
- Drink plenty of water. Water will detoxify the skin. Toxins and dirt cause the skin to produce extra oil. When the skin is being detoxified the oil production will slow.
- If you suffer from dry skin here are some tips...
- Wash face with warm water. Warm water will help produce oils.
- Use SPF. The sun can cause damage. Damage can result it more dry patches. Try SPF 30 or higher.
- Moisturize with a rich cream or oil at night. At night the skin cells have more time to turn over and produce healthy, balanced skin. The rich creams and oils will be absorbed much better while the skin is going through this process.
- Exfoliate 1-3 times a week. Exfoliating the skin will remove the rough skin, will open pores and allow moisturizer to be absorbed better.
- Invest in a humidifier. It will add moisture to the air which in turn will moisture the skin.
- Try my DIY mask for dry skin. It will be the previous post.
- Drink plenty of water. Drinking water will remove toxins and hydrate the skin.
- If you have normal skin here are some tips for you...
- Exfoliate 1-3 times a week. This will help remove dead skin cells, brighten the skin, reduce dry patches, and will remove oils that are deep in the skin.
- Moisturize at night with a thick cream or oil. This will help with balance.
- Moisturize during the day with a moisturizer that has SPF and is thin and light weight. This will prevent skin from drying out while protecting it from the sun.
- Drink plenty of water. Water removes toxins that can effect the skin.
Understanding your skin type is important. Knowing what skin type you have can really improve the quality of your skin. When your skin is happy and healthy then, your makeup will apply flawlessly.
Hopefully this post was helpful. If you have questions or comments please leave them in the comments section below. Remember to share and 1+ this post with friends and family. Add me on google plus to get updates on my blog. Thank you bunches for stopping by the Makeup Junkie. I hope you Dolls have a superb week!
-The Makeup Junkie
DISCLAIMER: all thoughts given were my own. I was not paid to make a post on this topic. these tips have worked for me. they may not work for you. if you use these tips it is at your own discretion.