Thursday, July 17, 2014

Color Correcting 101

Hey Dolls!

We all get dark circles, redness, dark spots, bruising and such that we want to cover up. Sadly, concealer and foundation can't always cover certain colors on their own. So, to create an even, flawless canvas sometimes color correcting is needed. Color correcting is the act of using a color to even tone. In today's blog post I will be breaking down what color corrector should be used to fix the various tone issues people experience, I will briefly describe how I use color correctors, and I will talk about the different type of products that can be used. So, without further a do let's jump into it!
  1. Pink Color Correctors- Pink correctors are used on fair to light skinned people. This color will help those skin tones neutralize purple tones. Purple tones are bruising and dark circles. (The pink color could be used to cover dark spots if needed.)
  2. Yellow Color Correctors- Are great to help diminish the purple/blue tones in dark circles, dark spots, bruising in medium to tan skin tones. Yellow is also awesome for brightening and highlighting medium to dark skin tones.
  3. Lavender/Lilac Color Correctors- Light purple correctors are stellar for correcting dullness in the skin. This color would work for light to tan skin tones.
  4. Salmon and Orange Color Correctors- These correctors work well for olive to deep dark skin tones. These warm color correctors will neutralize the blue tones from dark circles, dark spots, and bruising.
  5. Green Color Correctors- Green simply removes redness from the skin. Perfect for people with rosacea, acne, or any other blemishes or skin issues that cause redness.

Now that you know which corrector color your skin needs, you need to decide which color corrector form you prefer. Depending on the form of corrector depends on the method of application.
Choosing a method of correcting is a personal decision. There are hundreds of color correcting concealers, primers, are powders. Decide what product form you believe work best for you. I personally like using color correcting concealers because I can spot treat areas of concern easily by apply the corrector first then, my skin tone concealer, foundation, and/or powder. That method is most widely used and is in my opinion the most effective. Of course the type of blemish being corrected as well as the intensity of the blemish will have to be taken into consideration when purchasing the correct form of color correction.

I recommend that if you are in the market for a color corrector you should invest in a higher end corrector. Why?  One: lower end correctors generally do not have enough pigment and/or they do not come in the various shades that darker skin tones need. Two: Someone who works in the higher end store will have the knowledge to help you choose the correct corrector for your skin.

Well, that's all folks!

I hope this post was informative and helpful. If you have any questions or comments please leave them in the comments section below. I will be delighted to answer them. Also, remember to 1+ my post and my page. As well as share both the page and the post. I want to thank you for stopping by the Makeup Junkie. I hope you all have a blessed week!
-The Makeup Junkie

DISCLAIMER: All opinions given were my own. All advice given was formed by me. I was not paid to talk about this post's topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment