Tuesday, July 1, 2014

My Everyday Go-To Eye look

Hey Dolls!
I love to play around with makeup and explore all the possibilities when it comes to beauty but, sometimes there just isn't enough time to experiment. Therefore, I have a go-to matte, neutral, everyday, daytime eye look that is perfect for work, school, etc. etc. So, without further a do lets jump into it.

Lets begin with some preparation...
  1. I apply ELF eyelid primer over my lid, my crease, my brown bone, and my under eye. I then give that 15-ish seconds to dry.
  2. To ensure maximum staying power as well as giving myself a base to build color on I apply NYX eyeshadow base in skin tone.
  3. My last preparation step is to apply tape to the outer corner of my eye. This will allow for a sharp line to be made without a lot of effort.
On to the eyeshadow...
  1. Using a flat shader brush I pack limit from the Naked 3 palette all over my mobile lid.
  2. Using a fluffy crease brush I apply Nooner from the same palette to my crease.
  3. Using the same fluffy crease brush I sweep Buck from the Naked 1 palette into my crease to help warm up nooner.
  4. To deepen my outer V I apply the color Darkside (from the Naked 3) with a dense, domed blending brush into my outer V. I then wipe off the extra product and use the brush to simply blend Darkside into the outer V. To make it to blended and seamless I blend Darkside inward toward the outer V.
  5. I go back to Limit and pack it on my lid. Remember to avoid stark lines; blend the creased and outer V again to keep the look seamless.
  6. If I desire more depth I use Blackheart from the Naked 3 palette to deepen the outer V.
  7. To create a subtle smokey affect I take Darkside onto my bottom lash line and blend it into the lash line with my domed blending brush.
  8. To highlight my brow bone and inner tear duct I take a small c shaped brush and the color Strange from the Naked 3 palette and blend that color onto those areas.
On to liner and mascara...
  1. I enjoy a nice winged out liner on a regular basis if its not your thing then that's fine. This look does not need winged liner to be complete. I use the tape to help me make a wing. I generally use ELF liquid eyeliner in black.
  2. If I have the time I will tight line my eye using the L'Oreal silkissime eyeliner in black.
  3. To brighten up my eyes I use the NYX long pencil in white on my water line. Sometimes I use black instead to add a little more drama.
  4. I curl my lashes and apply mascara. (I don't have a mascara routine. I just choose between my several mascara choices.)
  5. Once my liquid eyeliner has dried I remove the tape. Then I move onto my concealer and such.
That's all folks!

That was my everyday go -to matte, daytime eyeshadow look. It's simple and it goes with everything

Typical Duck Lip Selfie of myself. I am wearing my Go-to eye look.
because its neutral. It's super easy to do. It usually takes me 8 minutes to go from bare eyes to completely done including my mascara. If I decide to add things such as black eyeliner or deepening my outer V it only prolongs the process by 3 minutes or so.

I hope you all enjoyed this post. I hope you get some inspiration from this look. If you have questions or comments fell free to leave them in the comment section below. Remember to share this page with family and friends. Also, 1+ my posts and page. Thank you so much for stopping by Makeup Junkie. I hope you all have an amazing week!
-The Makeup Junkie

LINKS:

DISCLAIMER: All products mentioned were purchased my me. All tips and thoughts are my own. I am not afflicted with any of the companies mention.

No comments:

Post a Comment