Friday, July 11, 2014

ELF Favorites products

Hey Dolls!

I am obsessed with the affordable brand called ELF. (EyesLipsFace) I have been using there products for years and they only seem to get better. In today's blog post I want to share a few of my favorite products from this company. So, without through a do lets jump into it.

Lets begin with brushes...
  • Mascara & Shadow Shield- I love this tool! It helps keep mascara and shadows from getting all over everything. It's super easy to use and it is comfortable on the eyes. It mainly use it to keep mascara from getting all over my under eye area.
  • Small Stipple brush- This brush is prefect for flawlessly placing product. I generally use it for blush. It gives a light, flawless application to anything it is used with. It would be awesome for placing highlighter lightly on cheek bones and such.
  • Contour brush- I use this to place deep colors into my outer V and blended them onto my crease. It's dense and dome shaped which makes it perfect for getting depth.
  • Pointed Foundation brush- This brush is everything! It blends out my under eye highlight like a dream. The point at the top makes it easy to get into the nooks and crannies of the under eye. This brush distributes product perfectly and does not create streaks under the eye. If I lost all my ELF brushes it would probably be the first on I would replace. I love it that much.
  • Small Tapered brush- This is prefect for contouring. The size is so nice and small that it doesn't diffuse the contour powder to much. That way it looks like a contour and not like I am just trying to warm up my complexion. The tapered point helps apply a light application of color. 
  • Flawless Concealer brush- I adore this brush to blending out the harsh concealer lines around my browns and for setting my highlighted areas with powder. Its the prefect shape and size to get into and nooks and crannies that are around the brows, under eyes, etc.
  • Angled Contour brush- This is great for apply a thin line of my cream contour to my nose or hallow of my cheek. Its so dense that it allows for a airbrush contour that looks super natural.
Now to the really fun stuff... MAKEUP!
  • ELF Cream Eyeliner- I am obsessed with the formula. It is creamy, has great color pay-off, and its long lasting. I use the color coffee to fill in my brows. I do have a full blog post on that I will link it below. I just love that this is the perfect brown for my brows plus it really keeps my brow hairs in place all day long.
  • ELF mineral eye brightener- I do not recall if I have ever spoken about this before but, it's so good I am sure that I did. It is a powder that helps set and brighten the highlighted areas of the face. Though it does brighten it never has a weird cast affect nor is it over the top. Its great for everyday wear. I love that it is so fine. A little does go a long way with this product. This product is NEVER cakey and it really does help prolong the wear of my highlighted regions. I recommend this to you dolls.
  • ELF Radiance Booster- This product is a gorgeous highlighter. I love this to add a bit of shimmer to the face. it is not glittery. Its not even in the least over the top. Which makes it great for everyday wear. It blends out like a dream and it is great as a base for a powder highlighter. Its just prefect for a beautiful summer day. I own it in the color sunrise. This is a bronzy color. I do know that they have it in a pink-ish pearl tone. I highly recommend you Dolls give this highlighter a try.
  • ELF Healthy Glow Bronzer- I do not know why they advertise them as bronzers because these are way too highlighting to be a bronzer. It would make people look a bit too disco ball like. Though they would never as a bronzer they do work as a highlighting powders. I personally only own one of the shades. Mine is in sunkissed. Its a beautiful golden bronze shade. It really illuminated the skin. It is a soft, blendable powder and its great for adding a bit of glow to the face. I love it. I do believe it is my most used highlighter. I recommend this product for people who enjoy a super sunkissed, golden glow.
  • ELF Contouring Blush & Bronzer Powder- OMG. I adore this duo. Mine is in Turks and Caicos. There are three different duos. I mentioned it in my June Favorites posts. This the prefect duo for an everyday natural, neutral look. Though in the pan they look shimmery they don't come off shimmery. I love the pigmentation of the bronzer. This is great for women of color. It is really a beautiful, affordable dupe for the Nars duos. I highly recommend this for all you Dolls.
  • ELF Eyelid primer- I have tried so many primers. As an oily girl finding and inexpensive primer is hard to come by. So, when I found this two years ago I never looked back. It has a similar formula to the urban decay primer potion. Though its similar I personally enjoy the ELF primer more. It creates a smooth surface to apply eyeshadow on and it really does prolong the wear of my shadow. I recommend this to anyone looking for an affordable primer.
  • ELF glitter primer- This primer has an Elmer's glue consistency. It really does get tacky so that the glitter or pigment does stick. Once the product has been applied to the primer it does not budge.  
  • ELF Liquid Eyeliner- This is and oldie but a goodie for me. I love the pigmentation, the gloss, and how easy it is to use this product. It is just simply my favorite liquid eyeliner to use hands down.
  • ELF Volumizing Mascara- This mascara is great to get a natural, voluminous look to your lashes. It isn't clumpy and it gets the lashes super black. I love it.
That's all folk!

So, that was my favorite ELF products. I do have more ELF products but those are my favorites. I am a true ELF lover. I highly recommend them to anyone who is interested in affordable makeup. They are wonderful for beginners or people who just want to save a little cash.

I hope you all enjoyed this post. As always if you have questions or comments feel free to leave them in the comment section below. Also remember to share and 1+ this blog and my page. Thank you for stopping by the Makeup Junkie today! I hope you have a blessed week!
-The Makeup Junkie

LINKS:
DISCLAIMER: All thoughts/opinions given were my own. I purchased all product mention with my own money. I am not affiliated with ELF cosmetics.

No comments:

Post a Comment