Wednesday, July 23, 2014

How to: Fix Broken Powder Makeup Products

Hey Dolls!
I am sure I am not the only one who has dropped a beloved powder makeup product. The first thing that usually comes to mind after it drops is... "it is broken?" Once I notice it is in fact broken
I then get angry. During the angry phase I usually remind myself of the amount of money I spent on the product. Then I go into denial. In the denial stage I believe that it is totally just as easy to use in the broken stage as it was before it was broken. From denial comes mourning... When in mourning I usually start to contemplate how terrible life would be without it. From mourning comes reality. Reality is personally my favorite stage because this is when I realize I can fix the product.

How do I fix it you ask? Well, that is what today's post is going to be about. So, without further a do let's jump into it!

What you will need...
  • A broken powder product
  • Rubbing alcohol
  • A mixing utensil
Now can we fix it? As Bob the builder so famously said... :YES WE CAN!"... Let's get to fixin'!
  • Pour a small amount of rubbing alcohol onto the powder.
  • Take the mixing utensil and blend the product and alcohol together. If the product does not have a smooth consistency add a dash more alcohol and mix.
  • Flatten out the product to fit properly in the container
  • Once the product is flattened out set it down somewhere were it will not be disturbed.
  • Allow the product to air dry without its top on for several hours.
  • Once dry it is able to be used again.
That's all folks!

I hope this post helps any of you who go through what I go through when I break a powder product. If you found this helpful then remember to share it and 1+ the post. If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them in the comments section below. I will be more that happy to answer them. Thank you all for stopping by the Makeup Junkie. I hope you all have an awesome week!
-The Makeup Junkie

DISCLAIMER: all thoughts given are my own. I was not paid to make a post about this topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment