Hey Dolls!Finding the correct foundation shade is hard. Especially because to get the right foundation shade you must know your correct undertone. Undertones vary from warm to cool. But, how do you know if you are cool, warm, or neutral toned? Well, in today's post I will be listing the differences between the tones. Hopefully with this easy list you Dolls will be able to recognize your undertones. So, without further a do let's jump into it!
Let's get warmed up with warm undertones...
- Warm tones are yellow, golden, or olive.
- People with warm tones look better in clothing and jewelry that is orange, gold, yellow, moss, beige, or peach.
- Foundations worn by warm toned people should have a yellow base to them. This will compliment the yellow, golden, or olive tones in their skin.
- Blush colors should remain warm as well. For fair skinned people peach blushes are great. For medium, tan and olive tones warm coral blushes are awesome. For deep to dark skinned people orangey blushes work amazing.
- Some celebrities with warm tones are: Nia Long, Nicole Riche, and Beyoncé Knowles
- Cool tones are blue, red, and pink.
- People with cool tones look better in clothing and jewelry that is sliver, pink, gray, or rose
- Foundations that cater best to cool tones should have pink, red, or neutral tones.
- Blush colors should remain cool. For fair skinned people baby pink blushes are great. For medium and tan tones cool, bright pinks work wonders. For deep tones red or berry toned blushes are stellar.
- Some celebrities with cool tones are: Kim Kardashian, Natalie Portman, and Naomi Campbell
- Neutral tones are a mix of cool and warm. People who have a neutral undertone are generally described as green.
- People who are neutral can rock clothes and jewelry of an color and look great.
- Foundations that cater to neutral tones vary.
- Blush colors do not have to be cool toned or warm. This tone can wear both.
- Some celebrities that are neutral are: Rihanna, Amy Adams, and Lauryn Hill
Finding your skin's undertone does not have to be rocket science. Simply following the lists and you should be able to deduce which undertone suits you.
I hope this post was helpful and informative. Of course you should leave any questions or comments below. I will be more than happy to answer them. Please remember to 1+ this page and post. Also, share it with friends and family. Thank you Dolls for stopping by the Makeup Junkie. I hope you all have an incredible week!
-The Makeup Junkie
DISCLAIMER: All advice given was my own. Use advice to your own discretion. I was not paid to make a post on this topic.