Tuesday, July 1, 2014

June Non-Beauty Favorites

Hey Dolls!

Yesterday I posted my June Beauty Favorites. So, I decided to also do a non-beauty favorites. This favorites post will contain my current favorite songs, pieces of clothing, foods, TV show etc. etc. I hope you all enjoy this post. So, without further a do lets jump into it.

Lets begin with songs! I have two favorite songs this month and one artist.
  1. Rude by Magic has literally been on repeat for a good two to three weeks. I love the Caribbean feel of the song. It's perfect for summertime. I am sure I will continue to listen to this song like its no tomorrow.
  2. This next song has me turning my hairbrush into a microphone every time it's on. The song is Pills and Potions by Nicki Minaj. I am beyond in love with this song. I cannot go a day without listening to at least five times. I recommend song to all of you Dolls.
  3. My new favorite artist is G-Easy. He is a Bay Area rapper. He recently dropped an album called These Things Happen. My favorite songs on the album are  I Mean it, Let's Get Lost, Lotta That, and Tumblr Girls. He has a hip hop, rock, pop feel to him. His music is great for people who aren't into hardcore rap but enjoy more party music. I recommend all of you go out and listen to this album because it is great!
Now to CLOTHES!
  1. I'm not super into clothes buying clothes. My style is pretty simple. I like to wear earth tone basics (t-shirts, jeans, etc.) and add little accessories to bring in color. Such as a scarf, shoes, a necklace, or something else along those lines. Plus, I am a larger girl (I fit pants in 12-14 in plus sizes and I have a fairly larger bust.) so, it's hard to find clothes that suit my style and my body. One of my favorite stores is Forever 21. They have great plus size jeans and their contemporary section fit my style perfectly. Their high waisted denim jeggings in the plus size section are awesome to add a beautifully slender, well put together look to any basic outfit. They are comfy and come in three shades. I also love the basic jeans and jean shorts they have as well. They too are comfy. I love that their pants are made for different lengths. That way short girls (like myself) no longer have to get their pants tailored or have to cuff them. I totally recommend these to anyone who likes to wear crop tops or anyone how has muffin top issues.
Hooray it's time to talk about food!!!!!!
  1. I am a pretty healthy eater. I love fruits and veggies. So, now that it is summertime I am really enjoying all the seasonal fruits like nectarines, peaches, etc. Fruit is my favorite way to satisfy my sweet tooth. My favorite fruits are strawberries and blueberries. I am loving paring berries with vanilla greek yogurt.
  2. My second favorite food are chia seeds. They have been all the rage lately. I decided to jump on the band wagon and I love them. I love how full I feel after I consume them. (They are filling because they are high in dietary fiber.) I personally enjoy them the most in my lemon water. They are tasteless and become gel like then in liquid. There are hundreds of different ways they can be consumed. I highly recommend them to people who are looking to control their food portions.
That's all folks!

That was my June non-beauty favorites. I hope you guys enjoyed this post. If you have questions or comments feel free to leave them in the comments section below. Remember to 1+, share, and follow my blog page. Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a great week!
-The Makeup Junkie

DISCLAIMER: All thoughts expressed are my own. I was not paid to say anything about any of the products mentioned. Nor was I sent any of these products. All products were purchased/downloaded by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment