Friday, May 1, 2015

March and April Favorites

Hey Dolls!


We are now in the month of May. Which means it's time for my current favorites! So, let's jump into it!


Let's begin with Makeup and Skincare:

  • City Color Matte Bronzer: This is a medium brown, neutral toned matte bronzer. The formula is creamy and easy to blend. The only thing I don't like is the smell. It has a strong perfume like scent. The scent does go away but, during application it is a bit annoying. I purchased this bronzer in a set at Ross last month. Sadly, it is nameless, but I know they have Be Matte Bronzers on their website that maybe similar to this bronzer. This retailed for $5.99 at my local Ross. 
  • NYX HD Finishing Powder in Banana: This is a light yellow compact powder. The product is silky smooth, easy to blend, and extremely buildable. It doesn't cling to my dry patches and works perfectly as an under eye setting powder. It also sets eye primer very well too. I picked this up in my local Ulta. 
  • Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation: I did a review on this on my instagram. This a medium coverage foundation. The product in the container is a thick mousse like substance. Once it is applied to the face it thins out perfectly and feels light weight. It stays on for a long time and blends perfectly. This foundation comes in 20 or so shades. My shade is Deep Honey. This retails for $39.00 and can be purchased on Tarte's website, Ulta (In store and online) and Sephora (In store and online) 
  • Maybelline Master Conceal Concealer in Medium/Deep: This is a full coverage liquid concealer; it blends amazingly and doesn't appear cakey. It does crease but, if it is set right away with under eye powder it will not crease. This concealer is long lasting and comes in four colors. I use the shade Medium/Deep. I wish there were a shade a bit darker, because the shade I use is the darkest in the collection. I find the constancy to be similar to MAC's prolong wear, but it doesn't have the same outcome. I picked this up in my local Walgreens, but it can be purchased anywhere Maybelline Products are sold. A lot of people say it can be too cakey or dry, I don;t experience that because I use my damp beauty sponge to apply the concealer as well as the powder I place on top. The damp sponge helps spread the product out as well as presses it deeper into the skin, so it doesn't settle on top. Also if you ever experience dryness under the eyes after apply concealer it may me you aren't hydrated enough in that region. Try using a eye cream and a under eye primer. These products will ensure your concealer goes on smoother.
  • Julep Iconic Brow Gel in Clear: I have spoken about this product on my blog recently but, I haven't put it in a favorites post. I love this because it sets my brows without making them crunchy and it makes my brows last all day. I have actually fallen asleep with my makeup on and my brows were still intact. This is an amazing product and it has become a holy grail thing for me. This can be purchased on Julep's website. 
  • L'Oreal Brow Stylist Plumper in Medium to Dark: This is another brow gel that I have recently talked about. Unlike the Julep brow gel this one is tinted. It also contains fibers that attach themselves to the brow hairs to make the brows appear more full. I find this to be a dupe for the benefit brow gel; I actually think it is better. It comes in a few different colors I use the shade Medium to Dark. I love to set my filled in brows but, I also love it for simple days when I don't have time or patience to do my brows. It's an all around amazing product. I really recommend it! 
  • Wet n Wild Bare it All lipstick: This is a lipstick from a permanent Wet n Wild Collection. The shade can best be described as pinky, peachy nude color. The finish is satin, by the way. I love it for everyday use. It pairs perfectly with my Jordana lip liner in Coco Loco. The lipstick lasts fairly well if I don't eat or drink. It doesn't claim to be long lasting or water proof or anything else, so it doesn't bother me that it doesn't last all day. 
  • ELF Blending Brush: I hauled this a awhile ago, but ever since I picked it put I haven't be able to put it down! I am obsessed with this brush! It blends all eyeshadows like a dream. I highly recommend it! 
  • Julep Don't Leave Your Brows at Home in Warm Brown: I spoke about this awhile back. I told you all this product is amazing before and I still think it is amazing! It comes with an angled brush and brow powder in one tube! The powder is so smooth it has a creamy constancy. It's perfect! If you like a natural look than you can use this alone, but I like to use it to fill in the beginning of my brows. It gives a natural feel to that area. The powder lasts FOREVER and when coupled with the angled brush it is easy to use. I totally recommend this to you all. I promise you will love it.
  • NYX Wonder Pencil in Dark: I have been loving this pencil for my waterline. I know it has dual usages but, I don't like the idea of using something on my face, eyes, lips, etc. I probably would purchase another pencil for other usages. Anyway, I like to use this to brighten up my eyes and makes them appear larger. I already have fairly big eyes but, I wear glasses on a regular basis. Glasses generally make the eyes appear smaller that they are. This pencil works perfectly for my skin tone. It doesn't look too bright or too dark, it lasts for a long time and it doesn't transfer to my eyes or contacts.
  • Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater: I have mentioned this before, but I haven't put it in to a favorites video. I use this this to set my makeup or to give me a glow when I'm not wearing makeup. This doesn't prolong the wear of my makeup, but it removes the powdery finish of makeup and it doesn't make my skin appear shiny. Sometimes makeup setting sprays make your face shiny which I don't like because I am already oily. It has an amazing rose/herb scent. I highly recommend it!
  • Lorac Royal Eyeshadow Collection: I purchased this a couple of weeks back and I love them! There are three palettes with four colors in them. My favorite palette is plum velvet. I love that palette because it neutral toned and it has purple tones. Purple looks awesome on my brown eyes. Anyway, all three palettes have amazing color payoff, they blend amazingly, and they last forever! I am not sure if this palette set is available for purchase really because I bought it at Norstrom Rack. It may be on Amazon. If it is available for purchase I will put a link below. 
  • Jordana Cat Eye Liquid Eyeliner in Black Brown and in Black Leather: I know I have said this a lot during this post, but I recently talked about this product in a recent haul post. I purchased two shades of this eyeliner and I think I am going to purchase more. The applicator is super thin which makes it perfect for getting a sharp line. The colors are super pigmented and long lasting. I highly recommend these liners. 
  • Wet n Wild Fergie Centerstage Collection To Reflect Shimmer Palette in Hollywood Boulevard: I picked this up a long time ago, but I am just getting into using a lot. I love it because it is a white gold color. It works for a lot of skin tones. The highlighter is super pigmented! If you find this highlighter to be too light or ashy you can use it with a darker highlighter to tone this highlight down. I have raved about this line before, so if you have been following me for a while you know that my love for this line is crazy. I highly recommend this to you all. Please go to your nearest drugstore and pick this up!
  • My new skincare routine: I just did a post on my skin care routine and I have been loving it! My skin is brighter, softer, smoother, and less oily. I will link it below for anyone who is curious about it. 
  • Mario Badescu AHA Botanical Body Wash: I received a sample of these from Mario Badescu's site and I have been in love ever since. I just purchased the full size and I am obsessed! It smells like cherry blossoms to me. (I am not the best person to ask about scent) It is gentle and lightly exfoliating. My skin has been looking brighter, more even, and a lot softer, This will be perfect for the summer months. It can be purchased at Ulta as well as Mario's website. 
  • NYX Tame and Frame Tinted Brow Pomade in Espresso: I only got this a few days ago, but the love is real! This fills in my brows easily, its super opaque, and long lasting. I pair it with the Julep products I mentioned earlier as well as the next product I am going to mention. It lasts through rain, workouts, sleep, and long days. I highly recommend this for someone who either can't afford the Anastasia version, doesn't like the Dipbrow, or doesn't feel the need to spend $18 USD on one product.  
  • NYX Micro Brow Pencil in Espresso: Again I only picked this up a few days ago, but girl this pencil is AMAZING! It is thin enough to create hair like strokes, it's waxy enough to last all day, it comes in an array of colors for all hair types, and the spoolie on the end is amazing. I recommend this wholeheartedly!
Moving into TV and Music:
  • Empire TV show and Soundtrack: I am crazy in love with this show. Everyone around me is probably annoyed with how in love I am with this TV show. Jussie Smollett is everything in that show. I cannot wait until season 2. I am so ready for more of Cookie's amazing-ness and Jamal's voice and everything else that comes with the show. If you haven't seen the show them you need to get on Hulu and watch it girl. Hulu has the entire season plus behind the scenes stuff. 
  • Jack U: OMG guys! Skrillex and Diplo came together an made the dopest trap album EVER! Some artists featured on this album are Justin Bieber, Two Chainz, Missy Elliot, and much more. This album gets me dancing and super hyped up. I love working out to this album and getting ready to this album. My favorite songs are Febreze, Jungle Bae, Mind, Where Are U Now, and Take U There Remix. If you like trap them try this album.
  • Rihanna- B*tch Better Have My Money: I am sure everyone has heard this song by now but, I love it! When I listening to it feels edgy and mature, but with regular pop flare. It definitely is a hustler anthem. 
 Onto People Favorites: (All of these people are youtubers. If you would like to check them out head to www.youtube.com and place their names in the search box.)
  • Kathleen Lights: I have been watching her videos for a couple of months now but, recently I have become obsessed! She is so sweet, humble, down to earth and pretty. Her personality is similar to mine, so it like watching/talking to a friend when I see her videos. She is just all around amazing.
  • Travie Based: I think I have been subscribed to him for God only knows how long, but him and his group of friends are so funny and down to earth its amazing. His videos are goofy and generally right on point. I laugh constantly at his comedy videos and his vlogs. I kinda wish I had guy friends like him and his squad. 

That's All Folks!

Thank you for stopping by the Makeup Junkie! I hope you enjoyed that post. If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them in the comments section below. If you have a more personal request, question, or have a serious business inquiry feel free to email me. You can use the Contact form in the sidebar, you can go to the follow me section above or you can click the links below in the Follow Me section directly under this section. If you would like to follow me on a day to day basis check out the follow me section above. There you will find all social media platforms that I am currently on. Remember to share this blog post as well as the entire Makeup Junkie with all of your friends, co-workers, classmates, and family. There is a social media section at the bottom of each post. Click on the platform you would like to share a post on and simply click share! Remember to also 1+ the blog on Google Plus. Also, remember new blog posts are live every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 12 a.m. Central Standard Time. So, make sure to return! Thank you again for stopping by. Your continued support means the world to me. I hope you have an awesome week!
-The Makeup Junkie

Follow Me:




No comments:

Post a Comment