Friday, May 15, 2015

Review: Julep Eyebrow Products

Hey Dolls!



I talked about two eyebrow products from Julep several weeks back and I told you all I would do a review on it once I was finish testing the products out. I have finally finished testing the products and I think I can give an honest review. So, without further rambling let's get started!




 Let's begin with product claims, price, availability, etc. (Let's begin with the Lock Down Your Brows Iconic Brow Gel)


    Julep Iconic Brow Gel
  • Julep says, this is "A clear setting gel infused with brow-boosting peptides and nourishing Power Cell Complex™." 
  • The product claims are: 
    • Shapes and tames brows with a flexible, natural-looking hold
    • Lasts all day with no crunchiness or flaking
    • Conditions hair and prevents breakage
    • Encourages healthy regrowth in sparse or over-plucked areas
  • This product retails for $22.00 USD. I will leave a direct link to this product below. 
  • This comes in a silver tube with a small wand. 
  • The Ingredients are: Water/Eau, Polysorbate 20, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Tetrasodium Edta, Proline, Biotin, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Octapeptide-2, Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Betaine, Hexylene Glycol, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Hexapeptide-11, Pvp, Phenoxyethanol, Decylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Rosa Canina (Rosehip) Fruit Oil, Coffea Arabica (Coffee) Seed Oil, Hibiscus Abelmoschus Extract, Squalane, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Triethanolamine
Let's move onto the Pros of the Iconic Brow Gel:
  • Clear: So it is perfect for all brow colors.
  • Small Wand: The size of this wand make it easy to comb out the brows and gel in every brow hair. 
  • Not crunchy: This doesn't make my brows stiff or crunchy, or flaky which is great, because I never have to worry if my bros need to be touched up. 
  • Tames: I have curly brow hairs and this keeps them laid in place all day! It's awesome! 
  • Long Lasting: This makes my brows last FOREVER. I have taken naps in this, I have worked out in this, I have taken a shower in this and it makes my brows go NO WHERE! 
Now for the Cons of the Iconic Brow Gel: 
  • NONE!
How many thumbs up?
  • 2 thumb WAY up! 
Final thoughts:

I love this brow gel. It has replaced my Ulta brand brow gel, my Anastasia Beverly Hills brow gel, and my Wet n Wild brow gel. I highly, highly, highly, highly, highly recommend this product. 

Would you re-purchase it?

HECK YEAH!

Any tips?

Use this like a regular brow gel. 
_________________________________________________________________________________

Let's begin with product claims, price, availability, etc. (Don't Leave Your Brows At Home Brow Powder) 

  • Julep says this is, "Everything you need to fill in and define your brows. This two-in-one tool includes brow powder and an angled brush."
  • The Product claims are: 
    • Tapered brush allows for precise application
    • Long-lasting formula glides on like a gel, dries to a powder, and holds like a wax
    • Travel-friendly design takes up less room in your makeup bag
  • This product retails for $24.00 USD. It comes in four shades; taupe, cool brown, warm brown, and rich brown. I personally use warm brown. I will leave a link to the site below. 
Onto the Pros of the Brow Powder: 
  • Easy to use
  • Long Lasting
  • Natural Looking
  • Unique texture 
  • Travel Friendly
Now for the Cons of the Brow Powder:
  • Not a lot of product for the price
How many thumbs up?

One and a Half Thumbs up. Only because it doesn't have a ton of product in the container.

Final Thoughts:

I love this. It is awesome for a softer more natural look It works great to set brow pencil as well. I think it is comparable to the Anastasia powders, but I like the feel of these a bit better. However, I wish more product came in the container. 

Would you re-purchase this?

Yeah, probably. 

Any Tips?

No. Just use it as you normally would use an angled brush and powder. 

That's All Folks!

Thank you for stopping by the Makeup Junkie! I hope you enjoyed that post. If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them in the comments section below. If you have a more personal request, question, or have a serious business inquiry feel free to email me. You can use the Contact form in the sidebar, you can go to the follow me section above or you can click the links below in the Follow Me section directly under this section. If you would like to follow me on a day to day basis check out the follow me section above. There you will find all social media platforms that I am currently on. Remember to share this blog post as well as the entire Makeup Junkie with all of your friends, co-workers, classmates, and family. There is a social media section at the bottom of each post. Click on the platform you would like to share a post on and simply click share! Remember to also 1+ the blog on Google Plus. Also, remember new blog posts are live every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 12 a.m. Central Standard Time. So, make sure to return! Thank you again for stopping by. Your continued support means the world to me. I hope you have an awesome week!
-The Makeup Junkie

Follow Me:







No comments:

Post a Comment