Welcome Back to The Makeup Junkie!
I insta-hauled the NYX Cosmetics Tame and Frame Brow Pomade two weeks or so ago and I promised to review it in the near future. Well, the near future as come! Today I will be reviewing that product. So, without further a do, let's jump into it!
P.S. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Google Plus, Twitter, Pinterest, and Tumblr! The links to all of that and more are below!!
|Photo courtesy of Ulta Beauty|
Let's begin with product claims, price, availability, etc.
- NYX says, "Give extra life to your brows with our easy-to-use brow pomade that glides onto skin and hair. Our smudge-proof, waterproof formula comes in five shades to coax brows into prime shape."
- The NYX Tame and Frame retails for $6.99 USD at Ulta and www.nyxcosmetics.com. I will leave a direct link below in the non-affiliate links section.
- As NYX stated this product comes in five shades: blonde, chocolate, brunette, espresso, and black. I personally use the shade espresso. Blonde is described as an ashy blonde color, Chocolate is described as a warm, reddish brown, brunette is described as an cool, ashy brown shade, espresso is described a neutral, deep brown shade, and black is described as a black brown color.
- The product comes in a frosted, clear plastic container with a black circular lid. .18 oz of product comes in the container. This product lasts about six months according to the expiration date on the container.
- The ingredients are: Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polyethylene, Silica, C20-40 Alcohols, Phenyl Trimethicone, Trimethylsiloxyphenyl Dimethicone, Ozokerite, Octyldodecanol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Triethyl Citrate, Tocopherol, BHA, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).
Let's move onto Pros:
- A nice color selection: Most undertones and hair colors will be able to find a pomade for them.
- It's a great value: This retails for $6.99 USD and has .18 oz of product. While Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow retails for $18.00 USD and has .14 oz. of product.
- Lasts all day: It doesn't fade or crumble.
- Pigmented: A little goes along way for me.
- Creamy: The texture is somewhat mousse like; it's super creamy!
- Sweat proof: I am a sweaty mess now that warmer weather is upon us. I never have to worry about this product budging or running off.
Now for the Cons:
How many thumbs up?
I love this product! Everything from the lasting power to the pigmentation to the price make it an amazing pomade. It's a great alternative to Anastasia Beverly Hills' Dipbrow. Notice I didn't say dupe, it's definitely not a dupe. Although I love this product and I would re-purchase it, but it's not the same texture, color range, or even packaging.
For a more precise application use a small, angled brow brush to apply this product. NYX does sell a brush to use this pomade.
That's All Folks!
Thank you for stopping by the Makeup Junkie! I hope you enjoyed that post. If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them in the comments section below. If you have a more personal request, question, or have a serious business inquiry feel free to email me. You can use the Contact form in the sidebar, you can go to the follow me section above or you can click the links below in the Follow Me section directly under this section. If you would like to follow me on a day to day basis check out the follow me section above. There you will find all social media platforms that I am currently on. Remember to share this blog post as well as the entire Makeup Junkie with all of your friends, co-workers, classmates, and family. There is a social media section at the bottom of each post. Click on the platform you would like to share a post on and simply click share! Remember to also 1+ the blog on Google Plus. Also, remember new blog posts are live every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 12 a.m. Central Standard Time. So, make sure to return! Thank you again for stopping by. Your continued support means the world to me. I hope you have an awesome week!
-The Makeup Junkie
-The Makeup Junkie
- Instagram: Nia Burgess (@picklesandoreos23) • Instagram photos and videos
- Twitter: Nia ♈ (@picklesnoreos23) | Twitter
- Pinterest: Follow The Makeup Junkie
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tumblr: Follow The Makeup Junkie
- Google Plus: Nia Burgess (The Makeup Junkie) - Google+
Recent Blog Posts:
- Favorite L'Oreal Products
- Favorite Wet n Wild Products
- March and April Favorites
- Spring and Summer Everyday Foundation Routine For Combination Oily Skin
- Updated Skin Care Routine
DISCLAIMER: All opinions given were my own. All products were purchased my me. I am not an employee of any of the companies mentioned.