Friday, May 22, 2015

May Beauty Favorites

Hey Dolls!


May is coming to an end which means it's time for my May beauty favorites. Let's get started!




  • Jordana Modern Matte Lipstick in Matte Blush: I love this lipstick. I recently purchased it and I cannot stop wearing it! It's the perfect nude for me, because it has hints of brown in it. This lipstick is super smooth and creamy. I am in love! I generally pair this lipstick with my Jordana lip liner in Coco Riche and Gerard Cosmetics Lip Gloss in Cocoa Bean. This combo is perfect for darker people looking for an everyday nude combinations. I have other lipstick from this line and I love them, but this shade in particular is my favorite for sure.  
  • Ardell Natural Lashes in 116: I recently used these lashes during a prom session and OMG they are amazing!! They have a beautiful cat eye like shape to them, but they look so natural it's insane! I actually went to the store today and picked up a few for myself. I love these. 
  • L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation: I know there has been a lot of hype around this foundation and I totally get why. It lasts all day, has a matte, not flat finish, and it feels super light weight on my skin. I would compare the outcome of this foundation to Tarte Amazonian Full Coverage Clay Foundation. The color selection stinks. I had to purchase 111 soft sable and 112 to get a color close to my skin tone. 
  • Wet n' Wild blush in Mellow Wine: I have had this for a while and I use to use it a lot, but I stopped for some reason. I recently pulled it out to use on a client and I have fallen back in love with this again. It's the perfect everyday blush. I am not a blush person but, this is perfect. It is a pigmented mauve-y, pinkish blush with subtle shimmer in it. The formula is smooth and buttery and the lasting power is amazing. I highly recommend this blush. 
  • Wet n' Wild Max Volume Mascara: I was so surprised that I liked this mascara, because it has plastic bristles. Plastic wands generally don't give much volume, but this mascara does. Along with volume comes length and separation. It gives me long, doll like lashes. I prefer this over L'Oreal Telescopic because it doesn't make all my lashes clump together. I love it. You guys such definitely try it! 
  • Brush set from Amazon: I recently hauled a 10 piece kabuki brush set from amazon. I will link the collective haul below as well as the direct link to these brushes. I was worried at first about their performance because they aren't as dense as I wanted them to be, but they work perfectly. I purchased them for blending and smoothing harsh and that is exactly what they do. 
  • Wet n' Wild Powder brush: I love this brush! It's super compact so it's perfect for taking on the go. It's really soft and easy to use. And it crazy inexpensive. It applies the right amount of powder without making me appear cakey or streaky. 
  • Wet n' Wild Eyeshadow brush: I just noticed how many Wet n' Wild products I have in my favorites this month... but anyway, this brush is fantastic! It is a multitasking eyeshadow brush. It's fluffy enough to blend with, but it is dense enough to apply lid color or brow bone color. It's too dense, so it's great for everyday use. I love it so much I purchased two of them.  
  • Wet n' Wild Walking on Eggshells eyeshadow trio: Everyone has been talking about this trio for years and for some odd reason I never picked it up. I was at Walgreens a couple of weeks back and I noticed it and I HAD to have it. It is so pretty! I can best describe the trio as neutral. The colors are similar to my Urban Decay Naked 3 palette. These shadows are super blendable and pigmented and I love it! I have been using it on an everyday basis. I totally recommend it! 
That's all Folks!

I didn't have a lot this month, but I did want to share the things I have been loving this month. 


Thank you for stopping by the Makeup Junkie! I hope you enjoyed that post. If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them in the comments section below. If you have a more personal request, question, or have a serious business inquiry feel free to email me. You can use the Contact form in the sidebar, you can go to the follow me section above or you can click the links below in the Follow Me section directly under this section. If you would like to follow me on a day to day basis check out the follow me section above. There you will find all social media platforms that I am currently on. Remember to share this blog post as well as the entire Makeup Junkie with all of your friends, co-workers, classmates, and family. There is a social media section at the bottom of each post. Click on the platform you would like to share a post on and simply click share! Remember to also 1+ the blog on Google Plus. Also, remember new blog posts are live every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 12 a.m. Central Standard Time. So, make sure to return! Thank you again for stopping by. Your continued support means the world to me. I hope you have an awesome week!
-The Makeup Junkie

Follow Me:



LINKS: 

Recent Blog Posts:
DISCLAIMER: All opinions given were my own. All products were purchased my me. I am not an employee of any of the companies mentioned. 





No comments:

Post a Comment