Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Makeup Junkie's Summer and Weekend Edition Morning Routine

Hey Dolls!

Welcome back to the Makeup Junkie!

Today's blog post was requested by quite a few of you Dolls. Actually today's post and next Wednesday's post were requested. If you couldn't tell by the title, today's post is going to be my Summer and Weekend Morning Routine. I am going to share with you what I do on an everyday basis during the summertime. Let's get started!



WAKE-Y WAKE-Y:
The first thing I do is wake up obviously. During the summer I generally get up at 6:30 A.M. Like most people I check all of my social media accounts as well as all of the celebrity gossips blogs and CNN. I like to know what I missed while I was sleeping. I usually do this for a good 15 to 20 minutes. Then I get up, make my bed and head to the bathroom; I'm sure we all know what I am doing in the bathroom. In addition to using the bathroom I generally brush my teeth at this time.

DOGGY BONDING: After I go to the bathroom I general say hello to all of my family members (If they are wake.)  then I head down stairs to greet my puppy. I have an America Cocker Spaniel Puppy and it is my job to make sure he gets out for this morning tinkle and poop. I also fed him in the morning and take him for a morning walk. (Depending on my mood that morning walk may happen in the afternoon.)

WORKOUT TIME: Once my dog is taken care of I move onto working out. I have a monthly workout plan I recently started using to help me lose weight and tone up. I won't go into too much detail about my workout in this post. If you all would like me too I can post a separate updated workout routine in the future. For now, I do have two workout routines on my blog. I will link both below. I generally workout for somewhere between 45 minutes to 1 hour. Sometimes I do workout for longer. It all depends on my energy level that day and the workout I am doing.

FOOD: By this time I have workout up an appetite and it is time for me to eat. My breakfast changes on a day to day basis. I generally meal prep the day or so before, to avoid poor food choices.

SCRUB-A-DUB: After breakfast I head up stairs to my room and get my self ready to take a shower, wash my face, etc, etc. I don't wash my hair everyday. I usually only wash it once a week or once every other week. If I am washing my hair I use Herbal Essences The Sleeker The Butter Shampoo and Conditioner. I deep condition once a week with a protein mask. (I don't remember the brand. Sorry!)
To wash my body I use black soap from Shea Moisture and a DIY Brown Sugar Scrub to exfoliate. (I exfoliate two to three times a week.) If I am shaving that day I use whatever razors I purchased recently and the EOS shave cream.
After I get out of the shower I moisturize my skin with argan oil, or coconut oil, or grapeseed oil. I like using oils because they are high in fatty acids. Fatty Acids aid in lightening dark marks and stretch marks, moisturizing the skin, and smoothing the texture. When using oil, a little goes a long way. I don't apply too much because I don't want to feel or look greasy.
After moisturizing I generally apply deodorant. I feel like everyone should do this and that (hopefully) most people do. If I washed my hair I will use As I Am Leave-In Conditioner and a kids detangling spray with my detangling comb and I will lightly comb the tangles out of my hair. Once my hair is tangle free I like to style it. Depending on what I am doing depends on how I style it. I may add Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl and Style Milk to my air and then use a diffuser and set my curls in place. Or I may add coconut oil (as a heat protectant) and blow dry my hair straight. Or I may have some kind of protective style in my hair and I will not to anything I mentioned above. It just depends.
As for my skincare routine (for my face.) it hasn't changed since my last routine. I will link that routine below for anyone who is interested.

TIME TO GET DRESSED: Once I am clean and moisturized I head to my room to get dressed. If I have errands to run I will general put on a pair of capris or shorts and a T-Shirt. If I have somewhere a bit more formal to go I will put on a dress. If I don't have any where to go I will throw on some clean workout clothes.

MAKEUP: Again I don't do this everyday. Only if I have somewhere to be. I will post an everyday makeup routine for anyone who is interest. That post should be up on Friday.

CHORES: Sometime I have things to do like walk my dog, clean my room, etc, etc. I usually do this after I get ready for the day.

DOWNTIME: If I have no where to go I generally relax at home, watch some TV, read a book, or something.

That's all folks!

That is my morning routine. It's super simple and quick, I am not one to complicate my routine too much.

Thank you for stopping by the Makeup Junkie! I hope you enjoyed that post. If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them in the comments section below. If you have a more personal request, question, or have a serious business inquiry feel free to email me. You can use the Contact form in the sidebar, you can go to the follow me section above or you can click the links below in the Follow Me section directly under this section. If you would like to follow me on a day to day basis check out the follow me section above. There you will find all social media platforms that I am currently on. Remember to share this blog post as well as the entire Makeup Junkie with all of your friends, co-workers, classmates, and family. There is a social media section at the bottom of each post. Click on the platform you would like to share a post on and simply click share! Remember to also 1+ the blog on Google Plus. Also, remember new blog posts are live every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 12 a.m. Central Standard Time. So, make sure to return! Thank you again for stopping by. Your continued support means the world to me. I hope you have an awesome week!
-The Makeup Junkie

Follow Me:


LINKS: 
Recent Blog Posts:
DISCLAIMER: All opinions given were my own. All products were purchased my me. I am not an employee of any of the companies mentioned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment