Fall is finally here! It's time to break out the scarves, boots, long sleeves, and hot beverages. A staple hot beverage is hot chocolate kids and adults love this drink all the same but, sometimes plain old hot chocolate can be a bit boring. So, I wanted to share with you Dolls a way to jazz up hot chocolate. So, let's jump into it!
Let's begin with ingredients: (Makes two servings)
- 2 packets of instant hot chocolate mix or 3 tables spoons of cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon of chocolate sauce
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- A pinch of cayenne powder
- 1/4 cup milk or evaporated milk (I use almond milk)
- 2/4 cups boiling water or milk
- Whipped cream
- Ground Cinnamon
- Place the hot chocolate mix or cocoa powder, water, chocolate sauce, cinnamon stick, milk and cayenne powder into a medium sauce pan. Bring this mixture to a rolling boil. Make sure to mix the powders together.
- Once the mixture has been brought to a boil all of the contents should be smooth. Stir to make sure that here is no powder left.
- Turn off the stove and remove the cinnamon stick from the sauce pan.
- Ladle the hot chocolate into mugs.
- Top the hot chocolate with whipped cream and ground cinnamon.
That was my Mexican hot chocolate recipe. It is an awesome twist to a traditional beverage. This recipe will definitely warm you up this Fall and Winter!
I hope you found this post helpful. If you have any comments or questions feel free to leave them in the comments section below. If you would like to contact me please refer to the 'follow me' section above. Remember to share this blog and post. Thank you for stopping by the makeup junkie. I hope you have an awesome week!
-The Makeup Junkie
DISCLAIMER: This recipe is my own. I was not paid to make this post.