Putting on nail polish can be a pain. And with the time and effort it takes to put it on you probably want it to last. So, today's post is going to be a few tips on how to prolong the wear of your nail polish. Let's jump into it!
- Smooth the surface of your nail. Take a fine file and remove any rough or raised surface space on your nails. This will ensure you nail polish goes on well.
- Wash nails thoroughly and dry nails well BEFORE applying nail polish. The oils from your hands can get onto the surface of your nails. Oil will prevent the polish from sticking as well as it could.
- Use a base coat. A base coat will protect your nail from discoloration as well as create a smooth base for your nail polish to sit on.
- Use a top coat. A top coat not only adds shine but it locks in your nail color.
- Use good quality nail polish. Quality nail polish does not have to be expensive but, the better the quality the longer the polish will last.
- Try a gel based formula. Gel nail polish will last several days longer than regular polish.
That was a few simple tips to prolonging the wear of your nail polish. I hope you Dolls found this helpful. If you have any questions or comments please feel free to leave them in the comments section below. If you would like to contact me refer to the 'follow me' page above. Remember to share this blog on all social media platforms. Thank you for stopping by the makeup junkie. Your support is duly noted and appreciated. I hope you have an amazing week!
-The Makeup Junkie
DISCLAIMER: all thoughts given were my own. I was not paid to make this blog post.