Monday, September 22, 2014

My Updated Daytime Skin Care Routine

Hey Dolls!

In June I posted a skin care routine. It was at the time the best skin care routine I had done. I felt that my skin was clear and visibly soft. Sadly, I experienced some breakouts (I am not sure exactly what caused the breakouts.) and that routine was not helping me get rid of the breakouts. Naturally, I switched up my routine and I now have clear skin (again), visibly soft skin (again), and a more even tone to my skin. With such amazing results I figured it would be a perfect idea to share my skin care routine. In today's post I will be discussing my daytime skin care routine. Wednesday I will post my night time routine (So stay tuned!). So, without further a do let's jump into it!

  • I begin with washing my skin with cool water and Alpha Hydrox Foaming Face Wash. I pump one pump of the face wash into my hands and then I gently wash my face and neck area.
  • I then rinse off the face wash.
  • 2x a week I will use True Blue Spa's Green Tea Fizzy Foaming Face Mask in the mornings to soothe my skin. Or I will use papaya soap as a mask. It helps even my skin and give it a natural glow. (With continuous use.)
  • Once I have finished with my face mask I will then take a cotton ball or cotton pad and apply a thin layer of witch hazel to my face. Witch Hazel helps balance the skin's pH and soothe the skin.
  • Due to my oily skin I refrain from using a moisturizer when I apply makeup. For SPF I usually use a primer or foundation with it. If I am not going to wear makeup I will mix Hyaluronic Acid Serum and Clean and Clear's Advantage Oil-Free Acne Moisturizer and then apply it to my face. I use the moisturizer because it has an SPF of 15 and it has salicylic acid in it.
  •  Then I use Benefit's It's Potent eye cream under my eyes. If my eyes are extremely dry I will use the Elf refresh roll in conjunction with my eye cream.  
  • Once that is all finished I apply Carmex to my lips.
That's all folks!

This routine is similar to my old one I have just changed up some of my products. The routine has worked wonders for me and I am sure you Dolls will love it!

I hope you found this post helpful and informative. If you have any questions or comments leave them in the comments section below. If you would like to contact me refer to the "follow me" page above. Links to product will be below. Remember to share this blog with family and friends. Thank you for stopping by the makeup junkie. I hope you all that an amazing week!
-The Makeup Junkie

LINKS:
Clean and Clear Moisturizer: http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=prod2141073
Hyaluronic Acid Serum:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B0G0FOO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Alpha Hydrox Foaming Face Wash: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000052YM4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Benefit eye cream: http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod3200003&skuId=2229445&cmpid=PS_Non!google!Product_Listing_Ads&cagpspn=pla&CAWELAID=831105151&catargetid=330000200000180184&cadevice=c&gclid=Cj0KEQjwvLGfBRDfkrr19KDS-7YBEiQA8CoFJ9WlsXJ5tv2o-auj1sf9CX7FerGHEs_s_v_jEZ7Q80IaAq5A8P8HAQ
True Blue Spa Face Mask: no longer available
Papaya soap: http://www.amazon.com/Original-Likas-Whitening-Cosmetics-Laboratory/dp/B000OV3ZDO/ref=pd_sim_hpc_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=03P4380BXRQKQQ86VZZK
Carmex: available at any drugstore
ELF eye  refresh Roller: http://www.eyeslipsface.com/studio/eyes/concealers_and_primers/eye_refresh
Witch Hazel: available at any drugstore

DISCLAIMER: All thoughts given were my own. All products mentioned were purchased by me. I am not affiliated with any of the companies mentioned. I was not paid to make this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment