Monday, September 1, 2014

August Beauty Favorites

Hey Dolls!

August has come to an end and September is upon us. Which means it's monthly beauty favorites time! So, let's jump into it.

Let's begin with skincare...
  1. Alpha Hydrox Foaming Face Wash Clarifying Cleanser: I adore this cleanser! It really deep cleans my skin. Thought it deep cleans it never dries out my skin or makes it tight. I use it daily and it has really helped my acne subside. I recommend this for oily, acne prone skin.
Now to hair products...
  1. Eco Styler Professional Olive Oil Styling Gel: This gel is amazing for laying the hair down. It's not too drying and it does not flake. (Unless you have been reapplying for days on dirty hair.) I recommend this for anyone who is searching for a good hair gel.
  2. Tresemme Extra Firm Control Tres Two Non-Aerosol Hair Spray: I love this hairspray because it helps my hair really helps my hair stay in place all day. I also noticed that this  product does not make my hair sticky or crunchy. I do like that it is non-aerosol because I don't want to mess with the ozone layer unnecessarily.
Let's move onto makeup...
  1. NYX Butter Gloss in Tiramisu: This is the prefect everyday pinkish, mauve-y nude lipgloss. It is not at all sticky and it smells out of this world good! I totally recommend to Dolls go out and pick this up!
  2. ELF Extra Lip Gloss in Scott: This is a gorgeous pinky nude lip gloss with  light shimmer inside. It's super pigmented. I love to use this on an everyday basis. However, this would be great to mix with a lipstick that maybe too light for you or to pair with a super dramatic eye look. It's super affordable and I highly recommend it.
  3. Milani Lipstick (I don't know the name of the collection. This lipstick is in the gold container.) in 24 Black Cherry: GIRL! I am head over heels in love with this color. It is a magnificent deep cranberry lipstick. It is super pigmented, gives a great shine without being glittery, and it is uber moisturizing. Without a doubt this is going to be prefect for fall and winter. This is hands down my favorite dark lipstick EVER! I highly recommend it to you dolls! BTW: I am working on some fall themed makeup posts at the moment. Stay tuned for those.
  4. Jordana Easyliner For Lips in Cabernet: This lip liner works perfectly along side the Milani lipstick I mentioned above. I usually line and fill in my lips with this lip liner then I place the lipstick on top. They are a match made in heaven.
  5. ELF eyelash curler: I recently picked up ELF's new eyelash curler and I love it! I am so glad they changed the design. It curls my lashes like a curl. I don't experience lash fallout nor do I experience any pain with this. 
  6. NYX soft matte lip cream in London: This is a mauve-y, brownish nude. I love this because it is prefect for recreating the iconic Kylie Jenner look on darker skin tones. It is super matte and highly pigmented. Although this is a great lip product it can be a bit drying. I suggest exfoliating for lips before using this and prep your lips for at least five minutes with a uber hydrating lip balm. (If you have a medium skin tone the matte lip cream in Stockholm would work for you.)


That's all folks!

That was my August beauty favorites. I know I had a quite a few lip products. That is because I have been trying to venture out with lip products.








I hope you all found this post to be helpful. If you have questions or comments feel free to leave them below. If you would like to contact me refer to the 'follow me' page above. Remember to share this post. Thank you for stopping by the makeup junkie. I hope you have a fabulous week!
-The Makeup Junkie

DISCLAIMER: All opinions given were my own. I was not paid to make this post. I am not affiliated with any of the companies mentioned.


No comments:

Post a Comment