Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Chai Tea Latte

Hey Dolls!


Fall is upon us which means it's time to enjoy warm drinks. As we grow older coffee seems to be the warm drink of choice but, what if you don't like coffee? Then there is tea. However, tea can be quite boring sometimes. So, today I am going to share with you my favorite fall tea drink. Let's jump into it!

Let's begin with the ingredients...
1. A saucepan
2. 2 bags of your favorite chai tea
3. 2/4 cup of a milk of your choice. (I prefer almond milk.)
4. 1 to teaspoons of sugar. (I used beet rock sugar.)
5. 1 stick of cinnamon
6. Ground nutmeg
7. Ground cinnamon
8. Whipped cream. (I like fat free, low sugar cool whip.)
9. A cup
10. 1/4 of water

Onto the recipe...
1. Boil water in a kettle.
2. While you wait for the water to boil add 2/4 cup milk to a sauce pan then add your stick of cinnamon and the 2 cloves to the milk. Once the milk has come to a boil add you sugar. Make sure your sugar dissolves completely. Then put your milk off to the side to cool slightly. Remember to remove the cloves and cinnamon stick once the mixture has stopped boiling. 
*if you would like you milk to be more latte-isque whip the milk for several moments.* 
3. Once the water is finished boiling pour 1/4 cup of water into a mug.
4. Add your two teabags to the mug of water. Then allowed to steep for several minutes.
5. Add you milk to the steeping tea mixture. Remember to leave room for whipped cream.
6. Once the tea has steeped remove the teabags from the mug. Make sure you get all of the tea out of the bags. A trick I have is to take two spoons and press the teabag against the spoons with your fingers that will ensure all of the tea is out of the bag.
7. Now that everything is in your mug, stir everything together. 
8. Add as much whipped cream as you would like. Then garnish the drink with ground nutmeg and ground cinnamon. 

That's all folks! 

That is my chai tea latte recipe. It is honestly one of my favorite fall drinks. I enjoy it so much because it is an amazing substitute to coffee. I hope you Dolls try it out!

I hope you guys enjoyed this post. If you have any questions or comments please leave them in the comments section below. If you would like to contact me refer to the 'follow me' page above. Remember to share this blog with your family and friends. Thank you for stopping by the makeup junkie. Your support means a lot. I hope you all have a great week. 
-The Makeup Junkie 


No comments:

Post a Comment