Friday, January 30, 2015

Get Ready for Summer: Total Body Workout

Hey Dolls!

January is almost over and I bet some of you have already given up on your resolution to get fit for the summer. I know it can be hard to maintain motivation and physical stamina when trying to lose weight. Also, I am struggling with keeping up with my weight loss goals. The busier I get, the harder it seems to get in a good workout or eat a good meal and I feel like I am losing the edge I had in the beginning.

One night I researched ways to keep up my fitness momentum and I have come up with some awesome tips and tricks. I have had the ability to try these tips and tricks, as well as, put my own spin on them. So, I figured it was time to share my favorite ways to keep motivated, workout, and eat well. I have started a health series entitled, summertime fly. (If you would like to keep up with all of the posts in this series search the words summertime fly in the search box on the blog.) The first post in this series will be my total body workout. I know I posted on a couple months back but, this one is a little more advanced and such. This routine will include weight training, muscle building various parts of the body, as well as, some good old cardio.

Just reminder, these are just suggestions; this routine is not mandatory. You may add an exercise or take away an exercise. You can also change the number of reputations. Feel free to personalize this workout as much or as little as you would like. Please keep in mind this particular workout works for me, it may not work for you.With all that said, let's jump into it!

P.S. I am not a trainer therefore I am not good at explaining each workout if you are confused or you do not know how to do any of the workouts please Google them for videos of trainers doing them. I found almost all of these workouts through Google.

Warm ups-

  • Walk in place for 20 seconds.

  • 2 sets of 10 kick backs. Spread your legs apart, no longer further than hips length apart. Make sure you toes are pointed forwarded. Kick your one leg back in an attempt to kick the opposite butt cheek. Then repeat with the other leg. 

  • 2 sets of 10 high knees. According to 30 day fitness challenge's website, to properly do high knees you must stand still with your feet hip-width apart. Pull your right knee towards your chest and keep it there for 3 seconds. Now move it back to the original position and then repeat the step.  

  • 2 sets of 10 squats.

Arms and Chest- 
  • 3 sets of 10 push ups.

  • 3 sets of 10 bicep curls with 5 lbs dumbbells. According to dummies.com, to properly do bicep curls you must, Hold a dumbbell in each hand and stand with your feet as wide apart as your hips. Let your arms hang down at your sides with your palms forward. Pull your abdominals in, stand tall, and keep your knees slightly bent. Curl both arms upward until they’re in front of your shoulders. Slowly lower the dumbbells back down. Then repeat. 
Chest Presses

  • 3 sets of 10 chest presses with 5 lbs dumbbells. 





Air Punches
  •  30 air punches. 










  • 3 sets of 10 chair dips. Stand in front of a chair, sit down on the edge of the seat and place your hands behind your hips, lift your buns off of the seat and walk your feet forward, slowly lower your body downward, and extend your arms, raising your body upward and supporting your weight with your arms. 
Fly Aways

  • 3 sets of 10 Manual Dumbbell Fly aways.




Abs- 
  • 2 sets of 10 sit ups.


Jack Knives

  • 2 sets of 10 jack knives.









Scissors
  • 2 sets of 10 scissors. 





  • 2 sets of 10 love handle crunches. Lay on your side and lift your leg as high as possible. Repeat with each leg.  



bicycle crossover crunches
  • 2 sets of 10 bicycle crossover crunches. 









Butt and Legs- 
  • 2 sets of 10 Prisoner Squats. Lower one leg to the ground at a time. Once on the ground use one leg to get up. Then repeat.

  • 30 second wall sit.

  • 2 sets of 10 Sumo Squats. Wide stance with the toes turned outward. Squat in this stance. Try to get as low as possible. Remember to keep you back straight. 

  • 2 sets of 10 lunges.

  • 50 butt kicks. Attempt to kick you butt.

  • 2 sets of 10 Jumping Jacks.

Cool down/Stretch- 
  • 1 set of 10 Side Steps.

  • Walk in Place for 20 seconds.

  • Downward facing dog.

  • Reach for the Starts.

  • Standing Toe Touches. 

  • Sitting toe Touches.

  • Butterflies. 

  • Sunset and Sunrises. 
That's all Folks!

I hope this routine helps if you are in need of a new fitness routine. If you have any questions or comments feel free to email me. If you would like to follow me on social media please refer to the 'follow me' tab. All of the social media platforms I am on will be posted there. Thank you for stopping by the makeup junkie. I hope you all have a blessed week!
-The Makeup Junkie

DISCLAIMER: All opinions given were my own. I was not paid to make this blog post.