Welcome back to the Makeup Junkie! Today's post is going to be a review on the Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation. Let's jump straight into today's post!
Let's begin with product claims, price, availability, etc.
- Tarte says, "Get 12 hours of flawless coverage with this long-wearing, skin-perfecting formula with UVA/UVB SPF 15. It's full-coverage and supremely blendable and buildable formula has a weightless texture and is available in a broad range of shades. Everyone can achieve skin that looks healthy and natural."
- They claim the foundation is:
- Long Lasting
- 12 Hour Wear
- Adjusts depending on skin type and skin concerns
- Full Coverage
- Free of Parabens
- Free of Sulfates
- Free of Phthalates
- This Foundation Comes in 23 shades; I use the shade Deep Honey.
- This price listed on Sephora.com is, $39.00 USD.
- This product comes in a brown squeeze tube w/ a wooden top.
- There is 1.7 Fluid Ounce of product in the container.
- The ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate Butylene Glycol, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Mica, Dimethicone, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Phytantriol, Hexyl Laurate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Lysine, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Nylon-12 Fluorescent Brightener 230 Salt, Polyvinylalcohol Crosspolymer, Kaolin, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Potassium Sorbate, Iron Oxides.
Moving onto the Pros:
- Long Lasting
- Matte Finish
- Light Weight
- Good Color Selection
Up next the Cons:
- Sets Quickly; makes it hard to blend
- Can appear chalky if you use too many mattifying products or have dry patches
How many thumbs up?
I would say 1 1/2 thumbs up...
This is an decent foundation for people with oily or combo skin. It works well for me because I am really oily. However, if you have dry, normal, or aging skin this may exaggerate dry patches, wrinkles, or other blemishes. When I am breaking out this seems to make the blemish more noticeable. I have also found that, if you aren't careful this can look chalky. It is buildable, but it dries fast. I suggest working in sections to avoid chalky build up. I assume it becomes chalky because of the Amazonian Clay. Which is kind of a double edged sword; on one hand, this clay absorbs oils and leaves a shine-free finish to the skin on the other it can look chalky or thick.
Would I repurchase it?
That's all Folks!
Thank you for stopping by the Makeup Junkie! I hope you enjoyed that post. If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them in the comments section below. If you have a more personal request, question, or have a serious business inquiry feel free to email me. You can use the Contact form in the sidebar, you can go to the follow me section above or you can click the links below in the Follow Me section directly under this section. If you would like to follow me on a day to day basis check out the follow me section above. There you will find all social media platforms that I am currently on. Remember to share this blog post as well as the entire Makeup Junkie with all of your friends, co-workers, classmates, and family. There is a social media section at the bottom of each post. Click on the platform you would like to share a post on and simply click share! Remember to also 1+ the blog on Google Plus. Also, remember new blog posts are live every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 12 a.m. Central Standard Time. So, make sure to return! Thank you again for stopping by. Your continued support means the world to me. I hope you have an awesome week!
-The Makeup Junkie
- Instagram: Nia Burgess (@picklesandoreos23) • Instagram photos and videos
- Twitter: Nia ♈ (@picklesnoreos23) | Twitter
- Pinterest: Follow The Makeup Junkie
- Email: email@example.com
- Tumblr: Follow The Makeup Junkie
- Google Plus: Nia Burgess (The Makeup Junkie) - Google+
Recent Blog Posts:
- Review: NYX Micro Brow Pencil
- Quick Collective Haul #7 (Ross, Walmart, and the Vitamin Shoppe!)
- Current Favorite Beauty Products!
- Cranberry and Brown Sugar Steel Cut Oats Recipe
- Skin Care Routine 2015 (plus skin care tips)
DISCLAIMER: All opinions given were my own. All products were purchased by me. I am not an employee of any of the companies mentioned.