Friday, July 17, 2015

Cranberry and Brown Sugar Steel Cut Oats Recipe

Hey Dolls!

Welcome back to the Makeup Junkie! Today's post is going to be a breakfast recipe! I know I haven't done a recipe in a while and I thought a healthy breakfast recipe would be a great reboot in recipes on the blog. As usual if you don't like an ingredient or you are allergic to an ingredient then please don't use that ingredient. You can swap out anything in this recipe if you would like. This is just a guideline! So, let's get started!














Let's begin with the ingredients you will need:

  • 1/4 cup of steel cut oats
  • 1/2 cup of water
  • 1/4 of any milk of your choice (coconut milk, cow milk, almond milk, soy milk, etc. they will all do)
  • ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup of dried cranberries
  • organic honey (optional)*
  • 1 1/4 TBS. of light or dark brown sugar 
  • 1/4 cup of sliced almonds (any nut will do)
  • 1 TBS. of black chia seeds
Moving onto the recipe:

  • Add your pre-measured milk, oats, and water to a pot and cook your oats as the container tells you to. I generally cook my on the stove top in a pot. 
  • Once your oats are cooked place them in your bowl, then pile your almonds, cranberries, chia seeds, brown sugar, and honey (optional). 
  • Lastly, add a lit bit of milk along the edges of the bowl. 
*If you are using a sweet milk like soy milk, almond milk, or coconut milk the honey is not needed. The sweeter you want it, the more honey or less honey you can use.*


That's all folks!

Thank you for stopping by the Makeup Junkie! I hope you enjoyed that post. If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them in the comments section below. If you have a more personal request, question, or have a serious business inquiry feel free to email me. You can use the Contact form in the sidebar, you can go to the follow me section above or you can click the links below in the Follow Me section directly under this section. If you would like to follow me on a day to day basis check out the follow me section above. There you will find all social media platforms that I am currently on. Remember to share this blog post as well as the entire Makeup Junkie with all of your friends, co-workers, classmates, and family. There is a social media section at the bottom of each post. Click on the platform you would like to share a post on and simply click share! Remember to also 1+ the blog on Google Plus. Also, remember new blog posts are live every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 12 a.m. Central Standard Time. So, make sure to return! Thank you again for stopping by. Your continued support means the world to me. I hope you have an awesome week!
-The Makeup Junkie

Follow Me:


LINKS: 
Recent Blog Posts:
DISCLAIMER: All opinions given were my own. All products were purchased by me. I am not an employee of any of the companies mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment