p.s. everything is in order of usage.
Makeup Remover: As you all should know I wear makeup kind of regularly which means I need really good makeup remover. So, I use two things, if I am not wearing too much makeup I use the Simple Cleansing Micellar Water. If I am using quite a bit of makeup, then I use the Neutrogena Naturals Fresh Cleansing+makeup remover. I love both of these equally, they are amazing products and I highly recommend them. When I use the Simple Cleansing Water I use Cotton pads to remove my makeup. The Neutrogena makeup remover foams up and can be used like a cleanser.
Cleanser and Scrub: I use the same G.M. Collin Puracne Oxygen Cleansing Gel that I was using in my last GM Collin Puracne Oxygen Cleansing Gel Oily or Acne Prone Skin
skin care routine. This is an amazing product. This cleanser is a non-irritating deep cleanser. It removes impurities,and re-balances the skin by eliminating dirt and oil. This cleanser is a gel based cleanser that lightly foams this action allows the cleanser to somehow oxygenates the skin and revitalizes it. As well as clean the skin without stripping it entirely of this moisture. The Puracne Oxygen cleansing gel contains 1% salicylic acid to help reduce acne and oil. This product retails for $27.20 I will add a link here to a website where you may purchase it.
I generally use this cleanser in conjunction with the Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Pore Scrub. This scrub scrubs away impurities in the pores and it claims to improve the complexion as well. This scrub contains willowbark bionutrients and Jojoba beads to detoxify the pores as well as hydrate the skin.
I mix the cleanser and scrub together and apply it to my skin. I use the touch beauty electric facial cleanser brush to deep cleanse my skin. I generally use cleanse my face twice because makeup likes to hide in my pores.
Toner: I use apple cider vinegar, witch hazel, and distilled water. This is great for oily, acne prone skin
because it kills bacteria, loosens sebum (oil), and reduces hyperpigmentation. Mix equal parts of the three ingredients for this toner.
Face Mask(s): Face Mask: I used the Kerfole mask by Bioelements twice a week. It is a deep purging mask. It helps to remove impurities deep within the skin as well as impurities on the surface of the skin. After usage you will notice soft, smoother skin. Overtime acne will diminish, pore will look smaller, and skin will be brighter. This mask retails for $58.00. I will link it here: Bioelements Kerafole Deep Exfoliating Face Mask
I also use the Estelle Detoxifying Clay Mask. This is one of those products that is not available everywhere, but if you have oily, acne prone skin with crazy pores you need a good clay mask in your life. I use this about once a week or once every other week. It works amazingly.
Eye Cream: I have been using the Estelle Essential Eye Cream. This eye cream reliefs the eyes of any tightness, irritation, or dryness. It is formulated to combat dark circles, puffiness, fine lines and wrinkles. It contains avocado oil which is a fatty oil that deeply hydrates the skin. This is prefect for younger people who would need a little hydration under the eyes, but aren't battling aging quite yet. I love it this eye cream because it isn't heavy or greasy, but it really helps nourish my under eye area and I have noticed my concealer goes on like a dream after I use this product.There are hundreds of other eye creams which work similarly. Bobby Brown as a popular one as well as Gariner.
Serum(s): I use Hyaluronic Acid Serum during the day. I have raved about this before. I won't go into too much detail about it here because I do have a review on it. I will link that review here: Hyaluronic Acid Serum Review I will say that this is the best serum for anyone who needs hydration but, doesn't want the oily greasy feel of other moisturizers/serums.
I use the Estelle Azelaic Brightening Serum. This helps with my hyperpigementation. This has been a total game changer for me, I have noticed a HUGE change in skin with this. Sadly, this is not available everywhere.
Micro Needle Roller: I talked about this a while back and I told you all this is the best way to help with hyperpigmentation, large pores, texture, etc. I will review this eventually, but please get this. You will not regret it. I use this after I apply my serum. I only do it at night about 2-3 times a week.
Treatment(s): I received a treatment cream from my dermatologist called Finacea; it is azealic acid. Azealic acid treats mild acne and rosacea. It reduces inflammation from acne.
During the day I do get oily, so I use the Bioelements oil control mattifier. This goes on before my moisturizer to keep my oils at bay.
Moisturizer: I have been using Estelle AzaClear Clarifying Creme. OMG! I am so sorry this is not available to most of you because it is AMAZING! It is a thick, gel like creme moisturizer for oily, acne-prone skin. It absorbs into the skin quickly and it doesn't feel my looking or feeling heavy or greasy. The texture of this product is like nothing I have ever experienced. This moisturizer contains 5% Niacinamide, therefore it will aid in reduces the appearance of my acne scars. Since it is not available for most of you I suggest if you are extremely oily than skip moisturizer during the day and then use on at night. If you use a hydrating serum during the day similar to Hyaluronic Acid then you will be fine.
|Rose Hip Oil|
Rose Hip Oil: I use this because it contains vitamin A which helps with everything from aging to acne. It also
has fatty acids which help with plumpness and hydration. I use this over my moisturizer at night for achieve those benefits.
Sunscreen: I use the Estelle Solar Defense SPF 30 Lightly Tinted Sunscreen. This is similar to most sunscreens the only thing that is truly different is there is no white cast left behind and it does not have a weird odor like some sunscreens. Whichever facial sunscreen you choose with be great. I usually take my ELF SPF 45 sunscreen powder with my in my purse of bag if I am going to be out it the sun all day and I am wearing makeup. If I am not wearing makeup I will simply bring this along. You must reapply your sunscreen every 60 to 80 minutes. The ELF sunscreen retails for $6.00 on www.eyeslipsface.com
Facial Spray (optional): I use the Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rose Water. I
Lip Balm: During the day I use a lip balm with sunscreen in it to protect my lips from the damaging rays of the sun.
At night I use 100% Vitamin E with Cocoa Butter and I top it off with my Smith's Rosebud Salve.
Lip Scrub: I either use a DIY my lip scrub or the ELF Lip Exfoliator. I use a teaspoon of brown or white sugar and a small amount of honey. I rub the scrub on my lips using my fingers; I use circular motions to get rid of dead skin and to hydrate the lips. Circular motions also help bring forth more blood circulation, therefore the lips will appear more full and rosier.
Supplement: I take a collagen supplement to help with the overall health of my skin, hair and nails. The brand I use is called Nature's Bounty.
Brows and Lashes: I use castor oil on a clean spoolie to help moisturize my brows and lashes. This also aids in the growth of my brows and lashes. I have definitely seen a difference in my lashes and brows since using this product.
- Wash your face twice a day.
- If you go to the gym during the middle of the day remember to rinse off the sweat. Sweat and dirt left on the skin can cause acne.
- Drink half your body weight (in oz.) of water. Water will help hydrate your skin. Hydrated skin appears fresher, clearer, and more glowy. For example, if you weight 100lbs drink 50oz. of water a day.
- Use supplements to help fortify the skin. Collagen plumps the skin, Cod Liver Oil moisturizes, and Biotin strengthens.
- Use a face mask twice a week. This will be a deep treatment for the skin. It will help refresh the face and prepare it for the week ahead.
- Get a facial at a minimum of 4 times a year . (Every time the season changes.) At maximum, once a month. Facials will help you target your skincare concern. Professionals will be there to advise you throughout your skincare journey.
- Prime your skin before applying makeup everyday! Makeup can cause acne and can make wrinkles and fine lines more noticeable. Apply a primer will prevent the makeup from seeping into your pores and causing acne. As well as making wrinkles and fine lines more visible.
- Wait 10 minutes after apply skincare to apply primer and makeup products. If you put it on right after you will not have given your skin enough time to absorb all of the ingredients inside of your skincare products.
- When applying eye cream and/or concealer blend from the outer corner inward. This will cause less wrinkles.
- When applying face creams, serums, or treatments massage them into your skin with your palms. Move your hands across your face in an upward motion. This motion is called effleurage. This will cause less wrinkles and bagginess later in life.
- De-stress yourself. Find ways to lower your stress. Whether it be drawing, working out, yoga, mediation, etc. Stress and prematurely age the skin as well as cause blemishes.
That's all folks!
Thank you for stopping by the Makeup Junkie! I hope you enjoyed that post. If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them in the comments section below. If you have a more personal request, question, or have a serious business inquiry feel free to email me. You can use the Contact form in the sidebar, you can go to the follow me section above or you can click the links below in the Follow Me section directly under this section. If you would like to follow me on a day to day basis check out the follow me section above. There you will find all social media platforms that I am currently on. Remember to share this blog post as well as the entire Makeup Junkie with all of your friends, co-workers, classmates, and family. There is a social media section at the bottom of each post. Click on the platform you would like to share a post on and simply click share! Remember to also 1+ the blog on Google Plus. Also, remember new blog posts are live every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 12 a.m. Central Standard Time. So, make sure to return! Thank you again for stopping by. Your continued support means the world to me. I hope you have an awesome week!
-The Makeup Junkie
- Instagram: Nia Burgess (@picklesandoreos23) • Instagram photos and videos
- Twitter: Nia ♈ (@picklesnoreos23) | Twitter
- Pinterest: Follow The Makeup Junkie
- Email: email@example.com
- Tumblr: Follow The Makeup Junkie
- Google Plus: Nia Burgess (The Makeup Junkie) - Google+
Recent Blog Posts:
- Current Hair Care Routine
- Collective Beauty Haul #6
- June 2015 Beauty Favorites
- Neutral, Everyday Glam Eye Tutorial
- Favorite Mascaras
DISCLAIMER: All opinions given were my own. All products were purchased by me. I am not an employee of any of the companies mentioned.