Welcome back to the Makeup Junkie! I took a two days off because, well, life. I'm sorry for not letting you guys know but, I am back and ready to post more content for you Dolls! Today's post is going to be my June beauty favorites. This is going to encompass skin care, makeup, and tools that I have been loving all month long. Per the usual, I will leave links below to all products. They will be located in the "non-affiliate links" section. Okay, let's jump into it!
|This Month's Favorites|
- Covergirl Queen Collection Natural Hue Bronzer in Q120 Ebony Bronze: If you have been following me on Instagram, then you know my love for this bronzer is super real. It is the best bronzer for medium deep/deep skin tones in the drugstore. It has a interesting undertone because, it almost resembles a neutral undertone with a hint of a warm reddish undertone. It is super buildable, which is great because if a bronzer has too much pigmentation it can look muddy or dirty on the skin. This bronzer gives my skin such a beautiful glow. If you have a deeper skin tone I HIGHLY recommend this bronzer to you. I know they have lighter shades in this collection but, I am not familiar with them. I use this bronzer in conjunction with my Real Techniques Powder Brush; this combo gives the bronzer such a flawless skin like look.
- City Color Contour Effects Palette (Just the Contour Shade): I mentioned this palette in the pass and I am going to mention it again. I literally have not used another contour shade in weeks! This powder is so soft, buttery,and pigmented, it's unbelievable. Honestly, it blends like a dream! The contour shade is best described as a cool toned gray-ish brown shade. I use it in conjunction with my ELF Contour brush or my NARS ITA brush. I recommend this palette for medium deep skin tones and olive/tan skin tones. If you are any lighter I believe they released a lighter version on this palette. I would try that. I have repurchased this palette twice and I picked up two back ups. I know it is slightly more expensive on their site, than where I purchase mine. I get mine from my local Five Below.
- City Color Glowing Complexion Illumination Cream: This highlighter has been amazing! I use it inside of my foundation to give me a glow. The reason I like it is, it isn't stiff or sticky or too pigmented. It is the perfect consistency. This mixed into a matte foundation gives me skin a glow, without the greasy effect. The color is pearly, so if you are tan, medium deep, or dark skinned this would not work as a highlighter over your foundation. If you are light or fair this will work inside of your foundation or on top.
- Go-To Summer Foundation Combination: This has literally been the only way I have worn my foundation for the last week or more. I don't think I will wear it any other way for the rest of the summer. This combo gives my skin just a beautiful glow. I do get a little oily but, nothing too crazy. I generally blot it away and it is fine. I get TONS of compliments on my skin when I wear this combo. I will list the mixture below!
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation
- L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Liquid Foundation
- L'Oreal True Match Liquid Foundation
- Gerard Cosmetics BB Plus Illumination Facial Creme
- Wet n' Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Trios: So I picked up two of these and I am so beyond glad I did. The pigmentation is insane, the shadows are smooth and buttery, the colors last all day, and they are super inexpensive. I recently purchased Walking on Eggshell and I'm Getting Sunburned. I will say that I have purchased the trios from various limited edition collection and I don't like those. For some reason I only like the permanent collection.
- L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Powder in 700 Classic Tan: I use this powder to set my highlighted areas because, banana powders are a little too bright for me during the warmer months, so I switch a powder the color of my concealer; it give a more natural look to the face. I like how soft and easy to blend this powder is, as well as, the staying power. It literally goes NO WHERE! I don't experience creasing or anything like that with this product. I highly recommend it!
- Milani Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eyeshadows: I recently purchased a ton of these and fell madly in love with this formula! They are crazy pigmented, smooth, long lasting, and blendable. They collection has an amazing color and finish selection. Every time I've used eyeshadow this month, I have used one or more of these shadows. I am actually thinking about going to the store and buying the other colors I haven't already purchased. lol. My favorite colors in my collection are, Bella Gold, Bella Bronze, Bella Teal, and Bella Cappuccino.
- Milani Liquid Eye Eyeliner Pencil in 04 Aqua: OMG! This pencil is so soft and blendable it's insane. The pigmentation is out of this world and the lasting power is unparalleled. I NEED to pick up my colors like yesterday. If you don't own any of these, then you need to stop reading this, go to the store, and buy all of the ones you see. I promise you will fall in love.
- Smith's Rosebud Salve: I recently purchased this from my local Sephora, because tons of YouTubers say amazing things about this lip product. And now that I own it I totally see why it is so popular. First off, it smells amazing; it has a delightful rose scent. It leave the lips looking really soft and supple but, it is NOT a lip balm. I noticed tons of people say "this is my favorite lip balm." which is wrong. The first ingredient in this product is petrolatum. Petrolatum is an occlusive substance. Occlusive substances lock in moisture, they do not add moisture. So, to properly use this as a "lip balm", you need to place another lip balm with moisturizing benefits underneath. This will push the moisturizing benefits of the other lip balm into the lips to actually hydrate and heal the lips. I personally just use it as a everyday lip gloss. And it works amazingly (on its own) that way.
- L'Oreal Lip Gloss in 601 Nude Ballet: Let's begin with saying this gloss smells awesome; it has a sugary, citrus scent to it and I am obsessed with that smell. Now that I got that off my chest let's talk about the gloss like a normal human being and not a five year old in Bath and Body Works; this gloss is beautiful. The shade is best described as neutral toned nude; its not too pink and not too coral. It is every much so in the middle. It last a while because it is a little sticky, which I don't mind. If you don't like sticky glosses then I would not buy L'Oreal gloss, period. The pigmentation is not full coverage. If you want an opaque lip color, you either need a lip stick or lip liner (or both) to get that effect. For me, it is perfect because on a day to day basis I only wear nude, coral, or orange-y lip glosses. This color would be great for tons of skin tones. You can cater it to darker skin tones by using a brown lip liner to tone it down a bit.
- Maybelline Fit Me Concealer: I have been using this for year but, I recently fell back in love. The texture and finish of this concealer is so light and flawless that it looks and feels like I'm not wearing concealer. It almost makes the high point of my face appear to glow from within; which makes it perfect for summer time use. I highly recommend it to everyone!
- ELF Lip Exfoliator: I may or may not have talked about this before, but this is the coolest thing ever. It is a vanilla scented sugar scrub in lipstick form. I love it because I can take it on the go. It's nice to touch up your lips if they ever get a little crusty, you know? I totally think this is a cute concept and I an going to keep using/repurchasing it.
- Too Faced Better Than Sex: I just gave a mini review of this in my favorite mascaras post, so I won't go into too much detail here on my I love this product but, just know it is amazing.
- Simple Micellar Cleansing Water: I am so glad I picked this up! This is the most gentle way to take off makeup EVER! I am more than obsessed with this product. I highly recommend it for anyone in the market for a new makeup remover.
- Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Pore Scrub: I have noticed a HUGE difference in my skin since adding this to my routine. My skin is softer, less oily, and more even than ever before. I love the Neutrogena Naturals line; its flawless!
- Gerard Cosmetics Color my Smile Lip Gloss in Salmon: This is a beautiful orange lip gloss. I love pairing it with a bronze, gold, orange, or coral eye look; this shade is the epitome of summer.
That's all folks!
|Yours truly wearing the foundation combo, |
L'Oreal Lip Gloss,
and Milani Shadows I mentioned above
-The Makeup Junkie
- Instagram: Nia Burgess (@picklesandoreos23) • Instagram photos and videos
- Twitter: Nia ♈ (@picklesnoreos23) | Twitter
- Pinterest: Follow The Makeup Junkie
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tumblr: Follow The Makeup Junkie
- Google Plus: Nia Burgess (The Makeup Junkie) - Google+
Recent Blog Posts:
- Neutral, Everyday Glam Eye Tutorial
- Favorite Mascaras
- Teal Pop of Color Eye Tutorial
- Review: Maybelline Fit Me Concealer
- Collective Beauty Haul #5 (Walgreens, CVS, Sephora, and MORE!)
- ELF Lip Exfoliator
- Wet n Wild Color Icon Collection Eyeshadow Trio
- Gerard Cosmetics BB Plus Illumination Creme
- City Color Contour Effects Palette
- City Color Glowing Complexion Illuminating Cream
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
- Milani Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eyeshadow
- COVERGIRL Queen Natural Hue Bronzer in Ebony Bronze
- L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Powder
- L'Oreal Paris Infallible Matte Foundation
- L'Oreal® Paris True Match
- L'Oreal® Paris Colour Riche Extraordinaire
- Maybelline Fit Me! Concealer
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15
- Rosebud Salve in a Tube
DISCLAIMER: All opinions given were my own. All products were purchased by me. I am not an employee of any of the companies mentioned.